Monday, 12 October 2015

Tefal Access Steam Review

I was very excited to be asked to review the Tefal Access Steam garment steamer for Tefal. As someone who hates ironing I've always wondered what clothes steamers are like as I've seen them being used in fancy clothes shops and dry cleaners.



This is a smaller version but still has a 1500W power output. You basically just fill up the tank with water, wait for 45 seconds and steam away! It gets rid of all creases and also sanitises the fabric at the same time. Its safe to use on all kinds of fabric even the most delicate.



I'm always really nervous about ironing delicate fabrics so thought it would be good to try it out on a new silk mix top I have that creases very easily and is very shiny and delicate.

Before photos (very creased!)




After photos



The steamer was absolutely brilliant on this silk top. You could see the creases disappear as you held the steamer in front of the fabric and it literally only took seconds. Will def be using this on all my delicate clothes from now on.

I also tried the steamer on some thicker cotton t shirt tops. It still worked well but it did take longer especially for really stubborn creases. It struggled a little bit on an linen jacket but to be honest so does the iron! I would definitely recomend this garment steamer for delicate tops and dresses and it woud be really useful for dressmakers using cotton or silk fabrics.


You can find out more including stockists on the Tefal website here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked your steamer and good job on that lovely silk top! My wife never liked ironing her silk tops but hated spending too much money on dry cleaning, too. So we bought a hand steamer as well and that was one of the best decision we ever made (and read a few tips from here, too!).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!