Thursday, 6 March 2014

Its World Book Day!

Its World Book Day! The day that we celebrate the books that we love. My 2 children dressed up for school this morning. Izzy went as Mildred Hubble from the Worst Witch (my leftover cardboard fabric roll made a great last minute broomstick!) and Sam is Sam Silver - Undercover Pirate. So cute! It was always Enid Blyton for me when I was a child. I LOVED her books and I'm pleased to say that my daughter has just discovered the Mallory Towers books and seems to love them as much as I did!

 

I've discovered a couple of gorgeous book related pages on facebook recently that I thought it would be perfect to share today. These gorgeous book cushions are from Pocket Cushions. They make perfect gifts for little book worms! You just pop a copy of their favourites book in the pocket. There are all sorts of designs but my favourites have to be the Roald Dahl ones





The second gorgeous page I have discovered is Bagsy Me First who make these amazing handbags out of books. What an fantastic idea! These would make a fantastic gift for someone too. How thoughtful to buy someone their favourite book as a bag!






Pop over and say hi to these 2 lovely pages. Spread the love on World Book Day!

The other VERY exciting news is that I will be stocking some of the gorgeous Roald Dahl/Quentin Blake fabrics. The first three have arrived today (how apt!) and are now on the website. Welcome to Fantastic Mr Fox, Matilda and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.










You can find the fabrics on the website now. Just click here.

I'll leave you with this gorgeous quote from Roald Dahl...

3 comments:

  1. Such a brilliant post!! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas and really enjoyed this post. My granddaughter is called Matilda so I'm inspired now to make her cushions and bags related to Roald Dahl's story first story first. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas. My granddaughter is called Matilda so no guessing which Roald Dahl Book I'll start with first!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!