Monday, 8 July 2013

The Amazings


I have recently come across a really interesting company called The Amazings. They use the skills and talent of the over 50's to teach crafts though classes and online tutorials believing that the talents of the older generation should not be lost and should be used to inspire and teach younger generations. 

The classes are mainly based in London at the moment so it was great to hear that they have just launched a range of online classes too. You can sign up for the online classes and you are able to access 90 minute video tutorials on your chosen craft with an 'Amazings' teacher. The videos take you though a project in step by step stages and are broken down into bite size chunks. They are very friendly and informal. You can also contact the tutor by email if you have any queries or problems. You can find a list of available classes here




I had a look at the 'Learn to Patchwork Quilt' online class and thought it was great.  It had a lovely relaxed feel to it and was like being sat with some friends learning how to do it! I liked the fact that you could go back to it at any time and watch it again and again. Its so easy to forget skills learnt at a one off class if you don't use them for a while as I found out recently trying to recreate my piped cushion cover. I could not remember how to put in the zip. If only I had had a video to go back and watch!


You can find out lots more information on The Amazings website here and they also have a facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!