Friday, 19 July 2013

One day I will be organised

Its the last day of school today for my two children. They have both had a great year and have lovely hard working dedicated teachers so I wanted to get the teachers and the teaching assistants a little thank you gift. In my head I always thought that I would make them some fantastic handmade gift for today but the reality is that I was down at the supermarket like everyone else looking for some last minute inspiration! Chocolates all round I think and maybe some flowers if I can get out to the shops again today!!

My day was only saved when I remembered the lovely selection of Jane Means Ribbons I have stashed away waiting for times like this! Out came the gorgeous ribbons and the presents look so much nicer now that they have pretty little bows on.


I was lucky to have some very pretty gingham ribbon which was perfect for the job. Sam has had a year 6 'buddy' this year to help him settle into reception and he has been so lovely that he deserved a box of chocolates too. I choose a cute blue spotty ribbon for his gift. You can find hundreds of scrummy ribbons and gift wrapping ideas on the Jane Means website.

2 comments:

  1. From a teacher: a card made by I pupil and chocolates are a fantastic end of year treat! Just what we need after a hard slog!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!