Monday, 13 May 2013

Catching up with myself!

Its been so busy recently that I haven't had chance to blog for a couple of weeks. So much has happened! The fabric shop is doing amazingly well with lots of new fabrics arriving all the time. Its my dream job! My current favourite being these new Michael Miller Prints which arrived today and you can find here




I have also listed lots of fabric bundles some on the website and some on facebook. Its so much fun making up the bundles.




I added a few pretty sewing kits too. I just couldn't resist!







and my customers are already making gorgeous things from my fabrics!

Natasha made a gorgeous bag from her China Doll fabric


Alison made beautiful bunting from her Tanya Whelan fabrics


Laura made a fabulous sunglasses case from the very cool Geekly Chic Glasses fabric


and Charlie made this fab beach tent bag from her gorgeous fabric


I managed a small amount of sewing and made a pencil roll from the Sweetest Thing 'Birds' Fabric




This week has been The North Somerset Arts Week so my friend Debi and I took our boys screen printing on Saturday. It was so much fun!


Sam was very impressed with his Superman screen print



Sawyer made a great fossil print on his T shirt





It was great to let the boys get stuck in and get their hands dirty. This is Sawyer demonstrating to the class!



Debi (who made my Love Fabric tags) also had some work exhibited and sold her fantastic Vintage Singer lino print. I'm not surprised as it was gorgeous! You can follow her on Twitter here

The dress charity is going from strength to strength with lots of dresses going off to new homes

60 dresses & 50 shorts to Uganda
200 dresses to Zimbabwe
40 dresses, 30 shorts and 43 bags to Ghana
150 dresses and 15shorts to Ethiopia

Watch this space tomorrow for a fabulous craft book giveaway!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fab catch up Louise. I'm really thrilled your fabric shop is doing so well....I'm tearing at the leash to buy some but don't have the time to use it at the mo and have more than enough full fabric boxes to move when we sell this house so I don't dare....but you wait til we move ;-)
    I have really happy memories of screen printing at school and that looks like a fab day out together.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!