Thursday, 14 March 2013

March Pinterest Challenge

Its Pinterest Challenge time again! This is my March entry. I've been meaning to try this idea out for months now and was motivated by a lovely tutorial on the Fabric HQ blog. Fabric HQ sell gorgeous fabrics so don't forget to go and have a look at their website too!



I also pinned this one



and here is my attempt. I am really pleased with it. My mum managed to find a kilning jar for me which was perfect. The lid comes in 2 pieces so you can remove the middle to make the pincushion. I bought a sewing magazine last week which had a cute little sewing kit on the front and it was the perfect size to go inside the jar as it had little mini cotton reels, buttons, tape measure etc.





I finished mine off with some lovely ribbon from Jane Means which was perfect for making it look pretty. Such a lovely dusky pink colour which matched the fabric perfectly.

I've linked up to the Pinterest Challenge here. You just 'pin' it, make it, blog it and link up! Don't forget there are prizes!

9 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet! What a lovely idea for a pressie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaahh - that is so nifty!! Well done you.... and psssttt.... thanks for entering the PinAddicts challenge! haha! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea, really clever and I agree it would be a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea too, nice to be in touch I design fabric for Freespirit. I love your pinterest pic xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute, I've added that to my to do list

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does look handy and probably a more useful way to use one of those removable lid jars than for storing cous cous - don't ask! Apologies for not visiting you in ages x Lovely stuff as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! I just need to find a kilning jar then I will be making this to keep all my sewing bits in order, thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really pretty! Nice idea, well executed ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!