Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Bits and Bobs

There are lots of little things I want to share on the blog today. 

First of all a massive thanks to Rebekah and Team Pugh who write the A Year Without Supermarkets blog. They have set themselves a target of making 200 dresses this year and held their first dress making day last week making a fantastic 25 dresses! Have a look at their blog for a lovely write up of the day with lots of lovely photos. A huge thanks to Abakhan too for very kindly donating fabric for the day. 


Rebekah also designed this fantastic logo for the event and has kindly allowed me to use it on my blog and facebook page too. I love it!



Rebekah and her husband have decided to try and live without using supermarkets for a year. Their blog is a really interesting account of how they are finding their challenge and well worth following.

I also received some lovely photos of dresses made by the Ethelburga Quilters in Lyminge, Kent. Look at all their gorgeous dresses! Thanks to everyone involved.




We had a lovely little mention in the letter section of Craft Seller Magazine this month which is very exciting.




Good news on the distribution side of things. My dad spotted an article in the local paper last week about a local church visiting Uganda. 2 phone calls later and 30 dresses and 20 shorts were collected yesterday and will be off to Uganda next week. I love it when a plan comes together! A box of 200 dresses will also be off to Uganda soon too.  


Rae who runs the lovely Fabric HQ website kindly shared some photos of the Washi Dress that she recently made (modelled by her friend!). I have the pattern and fabric here ready to make my own. I just need to find some time! It was lovely to see Rae's version. Its so pretty. If you are inspired to have a go and make your own, pop over to the Fabric HQ website for the pattern and lots of lovely fabric choices. Don't forget you can get a 10% discount by quoting SS2.






The lovely people at Whimsy Quilts are very kindly offering a 5% discount on their lovely fabrics too and have also offered to donate some fabric for making dresses next month. They have a lovely range of Lecien Hill Farm fabrics in stock. Just quote SEWSCRUMP5 for your discount. Whimsy Quilts supplied the gorgeous Lecien fabric for the Anniversary Quilt I am hoping to make for my parents and I can highly recommend them. Note to self - you really need to get started on that quilt!


and finally don't forget that you can win a pair of tickets to the Sewing for Pleasure, Fashion, Embroidery & Stitch and Hobbycrafts Show at the NEC in Birmingham which runs from 21-24 March 2013. Just visit my Ticket Giveaway post and leave a comment. I have 5 sets to giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!