Friday, 16 November 2012

Its a Sew Fest!

Yesterday with the help of the lovely Maria and Laura at Cordial & Grace (a gorgeous sewing cafe in Bristol), we held a charity dress making day making pillowcase dresses for the Dress a Girl Around the World charity. We held free dress making workshops all day. We started at 11am and finished at about 10pm so it was a BUSY day! We finished 21 dresses during the day, decorated another 9 and sent several home with people to finish! It was so much fun. Have a look at the fabulous dresses that were made during the day.....







A huge thanks to everyone who came along and made dresses. I was delighted to meet several of my 'Twitter' friends at the event and made lots of lovely new contacts for the charity. Huge thanks also to Maria at Cordial & Grace for all her help and support. If you are ever in Clifton in Bristol you should pop in and say hi and taste one of their fabulous cakes! I'm hoping to do a dress making course at Cordial & Grace next year. Its a lovely venue. You can find their website here and their facebook page here. The local paper sent a photographer so we are hoping we'll get a photo in the local paper!!

This takes our grand total of dresses to well over 3,000 dresses!! Amazing. Thanks everyone.

7 comments:

  1. So lovely to meet you Louise. Such a great day. I have done a raid this morning on the charity shops for more pillowcases! You are doing such an amazing job-Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done girls - what a fab day you all had. Great total Louise. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you had a fab day. Thanks for sharing the photos with us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing post. Well done you for getting so many new people involved Louise.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Louise,
    It was fantastic fun! Thank you for posting all the pictures - everyone looks so happy!
    Lily and I had a whale of a time putting Maria's granny's machine through its paces. I called in at the cafe this morning and have posted some pictures on my vintage sewing blog of the dresses on display upstairs. Such sweet little dresses!
    Love,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, amazing what can be achieved in an hour and a half! Fantastic experience. I will be keeping me eyes peeled for pillowcases now. Thanks to you and everyone at Cordial & Grace. Meant a lot to be a part of it - I could not stop beaming on the way home! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that was a long day for you!

    Well done on getting to over 3,000 dresses, that's incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...