Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Its been a busy old week or two. I've been experimenting with Christmas Stockings after being offered a stall at a charity coffee morning. I've never made them before so thought I would give it a try. I sold the first batch within days of making them so ended up having to make lots more. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.
 


Its the fabric that makes them so gorgeous along with the fabulous ribbons from Jane Means. Will you just look at that reindeer ribbon. How cute? You can find Jane Means ribbons here


I added a spotty button and some have cute little bells on too!



This is my new favourite fabric. I absolutely love it! Again finished off with Jane Means spotty ribbons and some bells.



A pink version too!


Couldn't resist hanging them on the mantlepiece for a photo!



I also made some new little tissue holders. My favourite things to make as they literally take 5 minutes!



Some new reversible superhero capes. I decided to try a Spiderman version.




to go with Batman. I sold out of all the capes. I think its because its difficult to buy nice things for boys.


A couple of weeks ago I received an email from a mum who had read my blog post about wiggly bags. She wanted to buy some for her little boy who was in hospital but hadn't been able to find any locally. She asked if she could buy some from me. It wouldn't have felt right taking money for such an item so I offered to send her some for free. I used some more of my lovely Jane Means ribbons. The mum sent me a lovely email saying her little boy really liked the fabrics. It  made me realise just how much little things like this are needed and appreciated.




I also made a couple of Bandana Bibs for a friend who wanted a nice present for her friends little boy. He is 5 years old and severely disabled so still requires feeding every day. She really wanted to get him something special that would suit his age and not be too babyish so I was delighted to make a slightly bigger version of the bandana bib for him.





After much midnight sewing, it was finally time for my stall at the coffee morning for MacMillan. It went really well and I sold lots which was great. Its a great confidence boost when that happens! You can never tell with markets.




I tried out my new bib display stand bought from a local shop for £3. It still needs a bit of work. I need to make a sign for the top but it was a great way of displaying the bibs and baking bags and some hair clip tidies. I'm booked in for a few more markets soon so watch this space for lots of new makes.


and finally my beautiful Izzy was 7 last week. Where does the time go? Happy Birthday Isabella.



I can claim no credit for this fabulous cake which Izzy's dad made and decorated. Izzy had a forest school party so wanted a forest fairy cake. Need to get Jon on the Great British Bake Off!!


20 comments:

  1. I feel like overloaded blotting paper after looking at your blog today....so many wow moments.
    Craft stand...wow looks amazing
    All your amazing makes...wow
    That birthday cake....wow wow wow
    Your gorgeous daughter...wow...Happy belated birthday Izzy...hope she had a really special day.
    Thanks for the inspiration Louise.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sewing projects, glad your products sold well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to agreee with Annie - a fab post Louise. I love all your craft fair makes. So neat, colourful AND saleable! The bibs are a brilliant idea and so much thought gone into making the special ones. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear the wiggly bag goodness is still going, how lovely of you to make more, the stall kilos fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been busy, love the stall, looks wonderful! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So many lovely comments. I'll get a big head!!

      Delete
  6. What a fab stall, glad you did so well. I expect your lovely things flew. Isabella looks so grown up in that gorgeous dress, Did you make it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was a pattern tester for LilyBird Studio. My first proper dress. I love it. Want a bigger one for me!!

      Delete
  7. The stall looks amazing Louise - I'm not surprised you sold lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. Lovely to see you here! Hope you are well?

      Delete
  8. The stall looks wonderful Louise - now wonder you sold lots. I'm loving the xmas stockings too - especially the spotty button!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is a wiggly bag? Would love to have popped along for an inspirational walk and fiddle around your stall. Everything looks beautiful and now i am deciding if to make a stocking in anticipation of santa... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wiggly bags are used by children in hospital who have central lines going into their chests for medication or to take blood. The bags tie round the neck and chest and keep the end of the central line safe so it doesn't dangle around and get pulled out. You should def make a Christmas Stocking. Its really addictive!!

      Delete
  10. Your stall looks fabulous, I'm glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!