Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Dress Update

We have received lots of beautiful dresses over the last few weeks. Apologies for the delay in contacting everyone to say they had arrived safely. We were away during the holidays and Sam has just started school so is only doing half days at the moment. I think I have finally caught up with everything again! I have also found a new quicker way to upload all the photos using picmonkey and making collages. Its a great website for making blog badges and banners too. My blog header above was made using it.

So a huge thank you goes to to Helen (1 dress), Elaine (3 dresses), John and Sue (3 dresses), Margaret and her granddaughter Shannon (1 dress), Patricia (5 dresses), Jean (1 dress plus doll), Joan (4 dresses and gifts), Jean and her granddaughter Kate (1 dress), Margaret (22 dresses and 6 shirts), Jill (36 dresses and 24 shorts), Jackie (3 dresses), Claire (4 dresses), Carol and Sue (18 dresses, underwear and 2 shorts), Sue Frost (13 dresses) and Catherine from Love Dressmaking in Shropshire (14 dresses). They are all so pretty. Thank you so much.



A special mention goes to Shannon (age 11) who made her first dress with her grandmother Margaret. She also made a very pretty friendship bracelet to go with the dress and also to Kate (also age 11) who helped her grandmother Jean with her pretty dress.



I also want to thank Jill who has now made 222 dresses and shorts for the appeal. An amazing amount!! Thanks Jill for all your support.

Total is now 2,533 dresses and 271 pairs of shorts. Wow! I have just received lots more photos of girls wearing their dresses in Ghana and Uganda and will be sharing them very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous update ~ great pictures ~ thanks Louise for all your hard work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't quite believe how many dresses you have collected. It's wonderfully amazing. Well done, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon will be delighted to see her dress and special mention on your blog - it will be a lovely surprise for her tomorrow.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!