Monday, 6 August 2012

Catching Up

I'm still catching up with myself after the huge amount of dresses that have arrived recently. I think I am nearly there now! More fabulous dresses have arrived from from Joan B (8 dresses), Katie from Kotori Kits (10 shorts), Joan P (5 dresses 3 shorts and lovely toys and hairbands ), Kingsfleet School Craft Club (10 dresses and friendship bracelets), Frances (10 upcycled dresses with lovely dolls, bags and hairbands!), Kathleen (15 dresses) Jill (6 dresses and 2 shorts) Lorraine (12 dresses) Pearlene from Zoe & Nicholas (8 dresses & 13 nappy covers) Love Nellie (3 dresses) Vivien (4 dresses and 9 dolls), Sheila (5 dresses). I am unsure how to contact a few people to say thank you. If you haven't heard from me please get in touch as its means I have no way of contacting you.

Joan

Kotori Kits

Kingsfleet School Craft Club

Gorgeous friendship bracelets

Frances

Frances


Frances
Vivien
 

Sheila

Sheila

Jill

Jill

Joan
I received a very sad letter from Kathleen informing me that her daughter Alison had died very suddenly recently. Kathleen had found some dresses for 'Dress a Girl' in Alison's belongings and she very kindly sent them on to me. I will make sure that some of these dresses are in the next parcel of dresses to be sent to girls  abroad in memory of Alison's kindness.

Kathleen in memory of Alison

Lorraine

Pearlene (Zoe & Nicholas)

Love Nellie


Phew! I am finally up to date!! Another 50 dresses went off to South Africa last week via Leeds University and I am hoping more can go out to Ghana very soon. Watch this space.

Total Dresses: 2201
Total Shorts: 228

4 comments:

  1. What a breathtaking total of dresses Louise. So many shorts now too. You deserve a madal for all your efforts for organising it all.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to Kathleen. I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope you have found some comfort from knowing that, with your help, your precious daughter Alison is still helping others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those totals are amazing Louise. Our thoughts go to Kathleen - so lovely that at such an awful time she could still think about sending you the dresses Alison had made. x Jo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!