Wednesday, 4 July 2012

My postman must really hate me!!

I can't keep up with the fantastic response to 'Dress A Girl Around the World' at the moment. Look at the parcels that have arrived over the last 2 days that I haven't had chance to open yet. 



There are so many lovely kind people out there. Thank you all so much and please forgive me if it takes a while to get photos of the dresses up on the blog. There are just so many at the moment! 

Lots of exciting news. 40 dresses and 23 pairs of shorts have just been sent off and will be going out to primary schools in Kenya next week. Should have more information and hopefully some photos when they get back. The lovely people at Space to Sew in Shrewsbury have been holding dress making workshops recently and have just sent 55 dresses direct to Uganda. I will post lots more about what they have been up to over the  next week or so as they have done a fantastic job. They even got a local radio presenter to make a dress live on air!! Huge thanks to Domini for organising. We also had a nice mention in CraftSeller magazine this month.


Here are some of the other dresses I have received this week. 


3 pretty dresses from Monica in Sweden. Monica made them for an organisation in America called 2300 Make A Pact. They are a group of Michael Jackson fans who support charitable organisations. I agreed to be a collection point in the UK for them during June. They have collected 167 dresses which will go directly to Sierra Leone. 


8 gorgeous dresses and 3 pairs of shorts from the very kind Maureen.





2 beautiful dresses from Marion who also very kindly sent a £5 donation towards postage.


I love the fabric on these cute dresses from Judi. So pretty.


A lovely dress and cute pair of shorts from Mary.


7 beautiful dresses in all different sizes from the very generous Avril who also sent a £15 donation towards postage.



She also sent a lovely handstitched card which I love


12 beautiful dresses from Jane who enlisted the help of the Year 9 Textiles Group from Portchester School to make dresses. They are all fabulous and came with gorgeous cards from the children who made them. I'm sure the children who receive them will love receiving these cards. Huge thanks to everyone involved.




2 lovely dresses and 2 pairs of shorts from Sue. These are so pretty.



Another 8 pairs of shorts and 6 gorgeous dresses from the lovely Fay and her mum!






5 pretty dresses from Sue. So cute.



Phew! That takes our total to 1804 dresses.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I run a free craft group in King's Lynn, Norfolk. On the 26th July we are going to be making some dresses for you! Could you email me any details I need to know please - like where to send them etc? Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic response Louise - they are all lovely and will all find a very happy recipient, I am sure. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 1804 dresses, and you've still got those parcels to open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I've just returned from holiday and seen about all these dresses. It's so fantastic! I haven't made any recently but will get back to it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful - I don't think the postie can hate someone who is doing such a wonderful thing.
    Still hoping to get in on the fun - going through a few things at the moment so not really possible at the moment but it is something I definitely have on my To Do list.
    Well done to you and all the contributors - it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!