Thursday, 19 April 2012

Fabulous Claudia!

I have been continuing my theme of cheekily asking celebrities to retweet links to my blog to get more people sewing and making dresses this week. I can't tell you how excited I was when Claudia Winkleman actually did!!


Claudia is an all round comedy genius and former host of Strictly 'It Takes Two' which I absolutely loved. She can also sew apparently (move over Kirsty Allsop there's a new queen of sewing in town!!) I have VERY cheekily suggested that she make a dress but I'm actually just delighted that she took the time to retweet my message and send me a lovely reply. I know that well known people must get so many requests every day so I really appreciate it. The response following her retweet was AMAZING and instant. I can't tell you how many people retweeted the link, followed me, sent me emails wanting to get involved. It makes such a fantastic difference and hopefully lots more girls living in developing countries will be wearing dresses thanks to Claudia and Twitter. Thank you!!





I've received some lovely packages of dresses this week. This one actually made me cry a little bit. The 1st Parbold and Datton Guides made some dresses and were awarded a volunteering badge for doing so. Look! How completely brilliant.


These are their 14 gorgeous dresses. Not only that but they all designed cards to send with the dresses with messages to the girls who might receive them. Well done girls. What a fantastic effort.




I received 8 beautiful dresses from Aoife In Dublin. All so pretty. The sun actually came out so up they went on the washing line for a photo! I need some new inspiration on how to photograph all the dresses.


This gorgeous dress came from Caroline. I haven't been able to work out how to contact Caroline to say thank you (its probably me being dense!) so if you are reading this Caroline please get in touch with your contact details. Love the fabrics you have used!


The lovely Auriol sent another 2 dresses for the appeal made from the cutest spotty fabric.


I was lucky enough to meet the very kind Kate who is a friend of my sister in law when she dropped off 6 dresses at my house. 2 of each of the dresses below. They are so pretty. Love the vintage fabric.


and I received another pair of shorts which will be off to Uganda at the end of May with some dresses. We have about 65 pairs at the moment but probably need another 65 if every boy is to receive something. I actually made a pair today and I promise they are not too difficult. I'll post a photo tomorrow. These lovely shorts are from Kath who has a gorgeous fabric website called Sew La La. Don't look or you will seriously not be able to stop yourself buying something!


We also had a mention on this lovely WI website. I want to join a WI. Never thought I'd hear myself saying that but look at how cool the website is.

I made some bibs for a work colleague a while ago when she went off on maternity leave. Look at how cute her baby girl is. Absolutely beautiful! The perfect model for my bib I think.


and I finally got round to posting off my package for NoodleBubbles button swap. My other half  just doesn't get this at all. He can't understand why two adults would choose to send each other 50 buttons. Its clearly a girl thing as I love getting parcels in the post! These are the 50 buttons I received.



and this is what I sent. Couldn't resist making a little button pouch for them to go in!


The total dresses received so far is 1269.

6 comments:

  1. All these dresses are beautiful! The shorts are cute too. I'm sure all the children just smile when they receive their new clothes!

    I am just blown away by your generosity - both of your time and talent.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another inspiring post Louise. Claudia rocks :-) That little model with your bib is gorgeous :-).....and those buttons! What a fun idea to mave a button swap.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!! I can't beleive how many dresses you have received! I remember when you were trying to reach 100! Lovew the guide ones. Men really don't get buttons and why women love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of this so much and love your posts. I've recently set up a craft group in King's Lynn, Norfolk and mentioned this project at the first meeting. I hope we'll be able to make some dresses for you. Although I hope the pattern is not too difficult as I'm not a 'natural' sewer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow awesome hun xxx working on some to send to you soon xxx
    As for celebs I've heard somewhere that Jane McDonald from loose women can sew if she has twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow awesome hun xxx working on some to send to you soon xxx
    As for celebs I've heard somewhere that Jane McDonald from loose women can sew if she has twitter

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!