Monday, 16 April 2012

The best birthday EVER!

It was my birthday on Friday and I had such an amazing day. My other half surpassed himself this year! He only went and booked me on a week-end free machine embroidery course with Louisa Gardiner. She is the most amazing textile artist and was featured on Kirsties Homemade Home programme. Kirsty described it as the 'crack cocaine' of sewing! I blogged about her here after seeing some of her work in a hospital of all places! Check out her website here and blog here. So inspiring.


Not only am I going to the workshop but its being held at the Bedruthan Steps Hotel in Cornwall which is by all accounts THE most gorgeous family friendly hotel complete with Spa and beautiful restaurant. The whole family is going for 3 nights! I am SOOOOO excited. Well done Jon!!

My lovely mum and dad also gave me a fabulous present. A place on a lampshade making course with Quincy Lampshades. This is a local one day course and I am really excited about it. I just need to pick which fabric I want to use so I can make something as fabulous as this.


You can see the Quincy Lampshades blog here and they also has a facebook page here.

To top it off Jon had also arranged a surprise drinks and curry night out with some friends which was a complete surprise to me.



Two of my very talented friends Laura and Elena decided to surprise me with a 'Sew Scrumptious' sewing themed cake complete with pins, scissors, buttons, fabric and even a cotton reel with my blog name on made out of icing. I Know!! Genius!!




It really was amazing. I nearly cried when they bought it out. I was so amazed that they had gone to so much trouble. It was a fantastic night and a great birthday. Just what I needed after two weeks of feeling ill over Easter. Thanks everyone.

To share the love around I've finally got round to picking the winner of this months Pinterest Challenge and and also the winners of the La La Loopsy DVDS from my giveaway earlier this month.

The lovely Kerry who blogs as My Love Bumps very kindly donated this months Pinterest prize. A fab Scrabble related prize which includes Scrabble Fridge Magnets, A Scrabble Mug and a Scrabble tea towel. So cute!


and the winner (chosen at random) is Lulastic and her fabulous duck hat!! Well done!!

The 3 winners of the Lalaloopsy DVD's are MoodyCatCrafts, Caroline and Lisa. You will all win...


Enjoy your prizes!

16 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday. What an amazing cake.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can your husband come round and give mine a few pointers on present buying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee Happy Birthday lovely lady, what a lucky one you are! Glad you had such a fantastic time - you deserve it. Can't wait to read reviews of your 2 courses, Quincy Lampshades are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy. birthday! What fab gifts and celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthday, that cake looks great too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated birthday. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My birthday is coming up and I hope my husband is so thoughtful.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday! What fab gifts - just perfect for you. Amazing cake too. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday, great gifts, especially the place on Louise's workshop.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one heck of a lucky and loved lady! So looking forward to meeting you at The Folk House Quincy Lampshades Workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What thoughtful Husband and friends you have. My boyfriend got me a pair of wellies that didn't fit for my birthday! He needs to take pointers! The cake is beautiful. Have a great time a the embroidery course, I also saw in on Kirstie Allsopp's programme and it looked amazing! As ever I love reading your blog, I look forward to the next. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Fabulous! Thanks, love scrabble to bits :-)

    Happy birthday, your presents are incredible and your cake is amazing! What wonderful family and friends you have.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome birthday - many congrats.

    Very happy for Lulastic too - she's an awesome crafter. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oo - thanks for the dvd prize! Do you need my addie, or do you have it on record somewhere?
    Wish my DH would be as good at pressies as yours is!!! I did get bought a 2 day course at the old Liberty sewing school by my mum once - but then she is a kindred spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing birthday you had! I would love to do either of those courses, cannot wait to read how it went. & the cake!! How brilliant is that!! I dont think I would have wanted to cut it, it was fantastic! My girls will be so happy that we won the dvd, they love lala loopsy's. I wont tell them, it'll be a great surprise. Will email you my details, thank you so much!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cake! I hope you enjoy your courses - I remember that lady on Kirstie's programme and her 'inspirational' music! lol! Not sure I would be able to do anything with that music going but it was seeing that programme that made me want to try freehand machine embroidery. Hope you are feeling much better now x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!