Sunday, 4 March 2012

Painting Russian Dolls

Izzy has become a seasoned reviewer for the lovely people at Find Me a Gift website who send her lovely craft kits to try out and review during the school holidays. They always pick lovely things to send that really appeal to Izzy. This time we were asked to try the Paint Your Own Russian Dolls Kit (£7.99).

Izzy was very excited about trying this one as she has often admired Russian Doll sets when we have seen them in shops. You receive 5 dolls that fit inside each other along with a set of paints and a brush.


Look at that concentration!

We didn't want to rush so it took several painting sessions to finish. The smaller dolls are quite small so you have to be really careful when painting them. Here is the finished article.....


I love them. So bright and cheerful! Thank you Find Me A Gift. Another lovely kit which we really enjoyed making over the holiday.


I thought I would see what they had on offer for Mothers Day as I need to buy my mum something and I can also pass on hints for myself! These are a few of the things I thought looked great. I loved the Personalised Chocolate Bar (£4.99). What mum doesn't love chocolate?!

This would be the perfect gift for me. I drink a LOT of tea!  Ring for Tea (£2.99). A great little fun present.


and I would love a Personalised apple crate. This one comes with a herb planting kit too. Gorgeous!


Find Me A Gift also have a facebook page and are on Twitter here.

I have spent the day photographing dresses today. A huge parcel of 71 dresses arrived from from my biggest supporters Jo and Annie. Beautiful dresses in all shapes, sizes and colours. Truely overwhelmed once more by their generosity.











Look at the gorgeous appliqued pockets on these dresses






Beautiful appliqued flowers too









Amazing. The total now stands at 982 dresses!

4 comments:

  1. I really love Izzy's Russian dolly. What a beautiful job she has done painting it.
    Thanks for the heads up with the parcel of dresses and for your lovely comments...1000 here we come :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh. Jo and Annie have been busy. They are all so pretty.Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that kit, may treat myself to one! Izzy has made a great job of finishing them off!

    What an amazing job you have done collecting all those dresses xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been weeks for me. Well, this is the article that I’ve been waited for so long. Thanks, great share.
    russian gift
    matryoshka
    nesting doll
    russian dolls

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...