Thursday, 1 March 2012

I think I have button OCD

I think I have button OCD. I have just colour coded my buttons. Is that wrong? I had to find a use for that spice rack I bought at the flea market so I just couldn't resist. I'm not usually like this. I'm usually quite messy and not OCD at all. Anyway what do you think? Cute or slightly mental?? Be honest I can take it!!




I also realised that I actually have quite a lot of buttons and don't really need to buy any buttons ever again. Need to look on Pinterest for some button projects for the Pinterest Challenge. (Don't forget it opens again on 5 March on Melksham Mums blog here)




I blame my sudden button tidying compulsion on receiving this gorgeous box of goodies from Pur-ple. Its so lovely. I featured it on my Christmas gift ideas list but didn't get it so decided to treat myself! Izzy has already helped herself to one of everything!


I also bought some lovely little embroidery hoops for some pictures I want to make for an arts trail event I am doing. I really do need to get off the computer and make something. Ah now I understand the button tidying. Its a distraction from actually sitting down and making something. It all makes sense now!


Another gorgeous bunch of dresses arrived this week

3 beautiful dresses from Kelly



A lovely dress from Kath at Sew La La. Check out her gorgeous fabric website for beautiful and very reasonably priced vintage looking floral fabrics. You won't be able to leave without buying something!



4 beautiful and vibrant dresses from Caroline who has a facebook page here




6 more lovely dresses from the very kind Patricia





and another batch of dresses from the very generous Pat who also very kindly photographs her dresses for me and emails me when they are on their way. You will see why this is so helpful when you read below...




So I have a small confession to make. I had lovingly laid out all the dresses in piles ready to photograph with the notes and cards from the makers on top so I didn't get mixed up only they got moved by unnamed members of my family and I got a bit confused!! I think I have got the dresses matched to the correct people but please forgive me if not! What was really lovely is that I could match individual dresses to the same maker by looking at the seams and the way they were made. This made me smile for some reason. I love that each person makes things slightly differently and I that I could identify dresses from that.

Total is now 911 dresses but I have a BIG batch of dresses waiting to be photographed and lots more parcels arrived today. Its very exciting. 1000 here we come.

22 comments:

  1. I love buttons too, and you have a wonderful collection! I have the button tin but I don't have nearly as many. I love playing with buttons and sorting them out. You are collecting some beautiful dresses together too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not mental at all, it's perfectly correct in my opinion! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My granddaughter who is two and a half years old gets hours of amusement & entertainment from my button collection making patterns & pictures or just simply pouring them from container to container! In turn I then get to re-sort them back into their colour / shape / size groups when she has finished playing. I am now also obsessing about sorting my threads into some semblance of colour order too & have made a peg board to hold them .......... so - be warned - your button OCD may just be the start of bigger things to come!! Now, back to those pockets you very kindly shared the link for on FB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buttons look more lovely organised like that! Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  5. More gorgeous little focks! My buttons are all colour sorted too and I can still never find enough matching ones when I am in need!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I am not alone! My buttons are all in jars, all colour co-ordinated, and yes, I still buy more whenever I can. You can never have too many right? As usual a beautiful batch of dresses. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think we are all guilty of sorting buttons into colours. I really love yours and how you've stored them.
    I wonder who the big batch of dresses is from ;-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for your buttons I think we'll all be on the look out for spice jars now!! WOW, 911 dresses being made up to now that's a serious ammount of sewing and threading of needles being done and every dress will be thoroughly appreciated, thanks ladies, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Button lust is a guilty pleasure of mine too! Love the display x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the buttons look gorgeous in those jars. I have so many buttons - all arranged by colour, size and type - that I would need humungous walls to hang enough spice racks on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can never have enough buttons! Mine are stored in a see through plastic box with dividers from hobbycraft. Glad my dresses arrived safely - I made another one in the red bandana print for my DD as she fell in the love with the one I made!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so wild. I have never made anything much before having a go at a few dresses - I did not know that so many people had button addictions. I shall certainly look at buttons with new eyes from now on.
    (((HUG)))
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought everyone colour co-ordinated their buttons. Mine are in little Decor containers... a different container for each colour. I have a spice rack, just like yours, but it's outside in my potting shed with seeds I've collected. Now I'm wishing I'd kept it inside... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your button spice rack, it's fab and not at all crazy (but then I am seriously OCD on all sorts of things). My buttons are all stored in little glass jars too, but I don't have anywhere near as good a collection as you! Well done on nearing 1000 dresses, that's wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...it's just a valid reason to spend some quality time with your buttons. Nothing wrong with that at all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha. I love seeing all your buttons in those tiny little jars. I go back and forth about separating the colors or not. I also did this when I worked with beads. I have a jar that's filled mostly with white/tan buttons and all the colored buttons are in jars all mixed up. Kind of fun.

    Those dresses are adorable! You and your friends are wonderful!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the buttons- have a look on my pinterest board, the craft board I think for a lovely picture of a sweet jar mad usinf buttons Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the buttons in the jars, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely way of storing and displaying the buttons! Think I may be on the lookout for a spice rack....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Almost every saturday i buy a bunch of vintage style buttons at a local flea market...so u can imagine how many i got now lol ...i just can't resist :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Almost every saturday i buy a bunch of vintage style buttons at a local flea market, so i have pleeenttyy now as u can imagine...but i like to store them ALL together in tin boxes bcz somehow i like to keep "that" flea market feeling. It wouldn't be the same if they were organized by colours, etc...
    Go figure LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your buttons look so sweet in those jars! You can never have too many buttons, right?! X

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!