Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Reading is Cool! Celebrate World Book Day

I recently discovered this gorgeous print from Studio Mela which kind of ties in nicely with the fact that its World Book Day on 1 March 2012. World Book day is a celebration of books and reading. It raises money for Book Aid International and encourages children and schools to get involved in fundraising for them.


This gorgeous print can be found here. Have a look at all of the other prints too. They are gorgeous!


My reading group met last week and we all donated £2 to Book Aid International which increases access to books and supports literacy, education and development in sub-Saharan Africa. They send over 500,000 brand new books annually to 2,000 libraries, benefiting 2.4 million people every single year. They have sent more than 20 million books to partner libraries since they started which is pretty amazing. Take a look at the website for further information:

I meant to take some photos at book club but drank far too much wine and forgot! We read 'The boy with the striped pyjamas' by John Boyne which I loved although it was very sad. Next we are reading 'How to be a Woman' by Caitlin Moran. I've already read this and cant wait to hear what everybody thinks. I think people will either love it or hate it! Have you read it and what did you think?
There is lots of information about fundraising ideas for schools on the Book Aid website and blog. You could even win book tokens for your school so check it out.


Maybe you could show your support on twitter. @Book_Aid using the hashtag #WBD12

2 comments:

  1. I read "How To Be A Woman" recently and really enjoyed it - the way she describes some of the events from her childhood had me crying with laughter. I liked her strong opinions - even if I didn't agree with everything she said - and her open, talkative style of writing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!