Sunday, 19 February 2012

Its a carnival of dresses!

There has been such a great response to the 'Dress a Girl Around the World' appeal over the last few weeks with lots of dresses arriving every day. A huge thanks to everyone who has sent dresses including

Jane from PicpacNaddywak - Country Bunting who sent 3 lovely dresses. Check out her facebook page here where she sells lovely handmade bunting.





The very kind Patricia who sent 6 very pretty dresses including the cutest cat fabric!




The very generous Sarah from Three Yellow Ducks who sent 11 lovely dresses. Check out the Three Yellow Ducks facebook page here where Sarah designs and sells gorgeous handmade girls dresses. She has also helped promote 'Dress a Girl' lots on facebook for which I am really grateful.





This appliqued flower is so pretty




 and last but not least the VERY kind Pat who made and sent 30 dresses!! All absolutely gorgeous. Pat may also have made a good contact for me for distributing the dresses.






Wow! Thats another 50 dresses which brings our total to 864. Thank you everyone for your continuing support. I have also made some great contacts recently so I am hoping that these dresses can be sent abroad fairly quickly. I'll let you know as soon as they go! 

I also wanted to say a big thank you to Jasmine of Just Jasmine Boutique who as well as making a dress herself, has very kindly offered to make dresses for any non sewers out there who want to get involved. For a donation towards fabric she will give her time free of charge and make up a dress for you. Have a look here for more details. She is also very kindly promoting Dress a Girl on her website. Jasmine also makes gorgeous fabric gifts so have a look at her website or facebook page for more info.

I am holding a small dress workshop for some of my #Pinaddicts team in March who want to learn to make dresses and I've also been asked to go and give a talk to students on a textiles course who are going to make dresses as part of their course. Its very exciting!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous ~ posted my five dresses off to you on Friday ~ hopefully you will receive them tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely dresses, the one with the applique flower is very special.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- you must need a whole room to store them all now. I just love the flower applique. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. It is like the roots of a tree spreading out isn't it Louise? I'm so thrilled with how it's growing. The latest dresses are really pretty......1000 here we come :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh soooo glad you ve recieved lots of dresses . Will promote dress a girl as much as i can on fb page and own page .Most def more dresses on their way to you from me xxx Jane (PicpacNaddywak-Country Bunting) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! So many pretty dresses for lucky girls around the world. I love the project! So many crafty people contributing. Pat's dresses are looking great with the ducks and the two fabric ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project and great dresses. Well done to all of the seamstresses. I love Pat's dress with the ducks on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on yet another fabulous set of pretty frocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have any simple instructions for how to make one of these dresses, i would love to help out but need a bit of help if you have the time?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!