Friday, 13 January 2012

Its really taking off again!

I've had so much interest in the 'Dress a Girl' charity over the last few weeks with lots of promises of dresses which has been fantastic. I've potentially made a couple of contacts re distribution of dresses too. There has been other exciting news. The Create Place in London very kindly ran a pillowcase dress workshop last Saturday. I just wish I lived closer so I could go along to these events! You can see photos of them making dresses on two lovely blogs 'Cheeky Handmades' here and 'The Dotty One' here.

The lovely Emma also sent me photos of a sewing event that was held in her tea rooms 'The Cragg Sisters Tearooms' in Suffolk. You can find their website here. A box of fabulous dresses has now arrived and are waiting to be photographed over the week-end (hopefully in some sunshine!!) In the meantime have a sneaky peep below...






I can't wait to show you the finished dresses. Thanks so much Emma.

The very kind Natasha made my day by emailing me to say that she had used my bandana bib tutorial and made her gorgeous daughter Taylor some bibs. She even sent me photos. I can't tell you how great this made me feel! Thank you Natasha. I think Natasha probably deserves an award for being able to follow my sewing  instructions!!



The very generous Annie (the fastest dressmaker in the country!) is having a little competition and giveaway on her blog. She has a number of pillowcase dresses cut out, bagged up and ready to sew. You just need to guess how many dresses she has waiting from the photo on her blog. The winner will win a lovely little prize! Pop over and join in the fun here and finally


If you like my blog, please could you pop over to Back Stitch and vote for me in their 'Sewing Blog of the Year' competition. It would be great publicity for the 'Dress a Girl' project and the prize is fabric!! You can vote here if you would like to

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck! Kx And I still have to make make my dress, THIS WEEKEND

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise. Thanks for the heads up with my bit of celebration fun. We had a good giggle while cutting out the last batch of dresss so it was a good way of flagging up the charity.....and yesterday I had another donation of yet another double quilt cover and pillowcases so there will be more cutting sessions once the last batch have been stitched :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise. Thanks for the heads up with my bit of celebration fun. We had a good giggle while cutting out the last batch of dresss so it was a good way of flagging up the charity.....and yesterday I had another donation of yet another double quilt cover and pillowcases so there will be more cutting sessions once the last batch have been stitched :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few pillow cases ready to be turned into beautiful dresses and I'm hoping this year to at let get a couple of other girls making, creating and contributing to this :):) if not more! It's such a wonderful idea and a great chance to practise making all those pretty little handmade embellishments - or in my case give them a go for the first time! I love your blog and will go vote for you....... Now! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!