Saturday, 31 December 2011

The ups and downs of Christmas

Christmas was great but spoiled slightly by the fact that my mum has been in hospital for the last 9 days and only came home today. It was also her birthday on Christmas day so she had a pretty horrible time stuck in hospital. We are hoping to do another Christmas lunch early in the New Year so she can join in!

On a more positive note I received some fabulous things (helped I am sure by the list of sewing related gifts I blogged about just before Christmas!) 

From Izzy and Sam I received this gorgeous cotton reel holder


 Jon bought me the www.sewscrumptious.co.uk domain name and hosting as well as a build a website package so this is one of my projects for next year!


Possibly my favourite gift ever - a portable bobbin winder. Seriously. You have no idea how much I love this thing.


Some fabulous vintage spools for my ribbons


A lovely book

Gorgeous fabrics from Fabric Rehab


A fab book about selling craft online


A gorgeous ribbon holder


The cutest Cath Kidston 'Owl' pyjamas. For some reason I can't find a decent photo online and mine are in the wash but they are soo cute!


Tickets for The Waterboys! You can read about my love of The Waterboys here


and lots of other bits and pieces. I was a very lucky girl!

Sam loved his 'Grandad' bear made by the very talented Abby of Bubs Bears and now insists on sleeping with him every night.


I tried my hand at freehand machine embroidery and made these aprons as Christmas presents. What do you think? Poppy Treffrey eat your heart out??




OMG I have had a proper look at Pinterest tonight. I am so addicted already. This is going to be dangerous.

10 comments:

  1. Oh! How exciting!
    I love The Waterboys.
    I was very fortunate to see them in Texas Dec. 2, 1990.
    Karl Wallinger was not with Mike Scott, but it was phenomenal.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky girl what fabulous pressies! I am drooling over the ribbon holder and cotton reel holder. I have thought about buying the book is it useful?
    Happy New Year to you
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your family read that Xmas wishlist post you wrote! I am glad you were so spoiled at Christmas - you deserve it Louise! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas gifts and I love the aprons. Happy New Year Louise. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that cotton reel holder! Hope your mum's OK. It's my brother's birthday Xmas Day too and he wasn't all that well last year. Not in hospital or anything, but still... Hopefully you can enjoy another Christmas/New Year dinner soon. Ooh, Pinterest..! Have fun:) Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely gifts, you must have been a very good girl! The aprons are brilliant.
    I daren't look at Pininterest, it sounds excellent but I'd never be off the computer.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Lovely presents. Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Crafting New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with the cotton reel holder it's so beautiful! And the aprons are gorgeous as well, I'm going to make my daughter one this year :D
    Happy new year every one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, lovely pressies! I'd be interested to know what you think about the selling online book. It's one I've been thinking about reading.
    The aprons are brilliant! And if that's your first time at doing it....flipping heck! Obviously a natural :)
    ps - just voted for you, Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous presents!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!