Sunday, 18 December 2011

She works!!

I received a lovely new slide plate for my new/old Singer machine this week. I tried it out today and it fits perfectly. Thanks to www.singersewinginfo.co.uk for their help.


The best thing about the new slide plate was that I was able to try the machine out properly and she works!! She feels so much more solid than my modern machine. I still need to fiddle around with the tension slightly but apart from that she is as good as new!


Izzy decided she wanted to make some lavender bags for her cousins today so we had a bit of a sewing morning. Out came the pink sewing machine!


and here are the five finished lavender hearts for her grandma and various cousins.


Izzy choose all the fabrics, ribbons and buttons. She sewed the hearts on her sewing machine (with a bit of assistance!) and then helped me stuff them. I finished them off as she got a bit bored half way through and ditched me to go and make bracelets! She lasted a good couple of hours though and we had lots of fun.



I did a bit  more Christmas shopping yesterday. Two of my nieces aged 8 and 11 are just getting into sewing so it was a good excuse to buy them some bits and bobs (quite literally!). I couldn't resist this little sewing box for Daisy aged 8.




Of course I had to fill it with little goodies. I braved Fabricland again! Fabricland still sucks all of the joy out of me. It hasn't got any better.



and for Molly (who you can see here) I bought Cath Kidston's 'Sew' book, the cutest little travel sewing kit in a pretty tin. I also bought them both some fat quarters, some ribbon, ric rac, bias binding and some little 'made by me' labels.


I also bought a couple of metres of extra fabric for Molly. I hope she likes it. I can't wait to see them at Christmas.


I also discovered this gorgeous postcard on Zazzle for only 84p each. They are so cute! A vintage Singer advert called 'The First Lesson'.  See I told you I was addicted!

5 comments:

  1. What fab gifts for your little neices. They are really lucky girls and I know they will both just love it all.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cool things on your post I don't know where to start. Singer - amazing! Glad it works. Izzy - gorgeous! Was sooo impressed with the lavendar bags - actually relieved to hear you helped!!! Sooo good, was thinking OMG she is a sewing expert (chip off the ole block!). Utterly beautiful presents for the cousins. Wow. Loving the sew kit & box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to your daughter - the hearts look lovely. Your nieces are lucky girls, I'd love those sewing kits you have put together for them.

    Stephanie

    http://allaboutbeads-jewellery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts for the girls, they will have such fun making things with them
    Glad the machine is working well, it does look lovely too.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. where did you get the sewing box? looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!