Sunday, 6 November 2011

Things about dresses

I've just found a great tutorial for a tiered pillowcase dress and have very kindly been given permission from  Jamie at Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom blog to share the link and a photo. The dress is gorgeous and as soon as I saw it I thought it might inspire people to have a go at making one for the 'Dress a Girl' appeal.


Want to find out more? Go and have a look at the fab tutorial here and while you are there have a look at this lovely blog. Thanks so much Jamie. I really appreciate it!

Another 50 dresses have been packed up and posted off ready to go to India next year with a lovely lady who will be volunteering with this charity which helps orphaned and homeless children. I can't wait to hear more about the trip next year. Many thanks to Jan from Lemonade Kitty whose donation on behalf of her sister paid for the postage of these dresses in the UK.


Another flurry of parcels arrived this week too containing some more beautiful dresses. These four lovely dresses were from Dina. I love the lace detail on this one.


Gorgeous handmade bias binding on the dresses too!


along with cute little pockets





This pretty pink dress was from Nikki. You can find her here on facebook. She makes gorgeous jewellery and is donating a £1 to children in need for every sale during November so pop over and have a look. Nikki also made her daughter a matching dress too which you can see on her facebook page. She looks soo cute!


I love the pretty appliqued heart.


and another two dresses from Mrs A of Its an Alien Life blog. This one is so pretty. A patchwork dress that includes the gorgeous 'Sherbert Pips' fabric that I have been drooling over for some time now.


Lovely flower detail too



The second dress is a pretty pink dress made from vintage upcycled clothes and fabric and finished off with gorgeous handmade buttons made from shrink plastic and water colour pencils. So clever!


Look at the lovely detail




Thanks everyone. That takes the total to 438 dresses!

A huge thank you and well done to Alison over at Peggy's Pickles for organising the first pillowcase dress party!! You can find out more and see lots more lovely photos on Alison's blog here but here is a little taster...



Phew - busy week!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how different all these dresses are? I love the lace on the blue one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab post Louise. Thank you so much for working so very hard to organise it all.
    Hugs,
    A x
    I gave little Stephen his parcels yesterday so will blog a pic of your gorgeous bibs as soon as I can....thank you so much for your generosity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lot of lovely frocks this week. NOW - would you like me to include 4 little pairs of boys shorts, made from T shirts, in our next parcel?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!