Monday, 17 October 2011

Lets get ready to Frumble!

I've discovered a lovely new online fabric shop called Frumble Fabrics (sorry I just couldn't resist the title of the post - people of a certain age with bad musical taste will understand!!). Seriously though I was very impressed with both the fabric I ordered and the service which was really fast. Just what I look for from a fabric website particularly after my terrible experience with this fabric website. So what did I buy??

Frumble do a fab 'essentials' range which is only £7 per metre which is cheap when you compare it to the fabrics which have to be imported from the USA which are usually nearer £13 per metre. I was really impressed with the designs on offer and the quality.


These were in the essentials range too


I couldn't resist this Michael Miller 'Hearts' fabric.


Each heart is made up of lots of little flowers.


Another Michael Miller fabric. Wonder who this is for?!


This is really cute too. Have already made a little bandana bib out of this for a colleague at work who is going on maternity leave. Going to do a tutorial very soon!


STOP PRESS: Sew Scrumptious actually sews something!!


Also want to say a huge thank you to the lovely Roberta in Germany who sent me a box full of dresses for the Dress a Girl - UK appeal. They are all beautiful. Nine in total!

I think this was my favourite. A really summery stripey fabric


with gorgeous butterfly pockets


Love this vibrant blue fabric too. There were 2 of these lovely dresses


cute little pockets


and co-ordinating ties


Two of these lovely dresses as well. Love the handmade bias binding and ties which co-ordinate with the pockets.


Another lovely stripey dress this time with flower pockets



and 2 dresses made from this lovely patchwork fabric


Love the trim on the pockets


The second one with red trim


and last but not least a pretty blue and pink fabric with co-ordinating pink ties.


Thanks so much Roberta. This takes our total to 427. I've just made a contact who may be able to take some of our dresses to India in the New Year where they will be given to a day care centre to distribute and also to abandoned and homeless girls.


6 comments:

  1. The dresses are fabulous, love the pockets too!

    I love the heart fabric, I have some of the pinks in my stash already x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabrics and what a fab latest set of little dresses. You are doing a brilliant job Louise.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo i like. You naughty women, i'm going to have to go take a look now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabrics ,so pretty and the dresses are so cute i love them xlovely blog too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Frumbles link. Ordered from them already - v pleased with service, price and speed of delivery. AND they sell ready made piping, which is great for lazy people like me who can't be bothered to make their own! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I purchased a load of bias binding from them - £2.50 for 10m and really cheap postage (I bought 4 from their ebay store). Would defintely recommend them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!