Sunday, 2 October 2011

Its not supposed to be this sunny

23 new dresses arrived this week taking our total to over 350! I took advantage of the lovely weather to take some photos in the garden.


A fantastic parcel of dresses from Pauline who sent 20 beautiful dresses and has promised more!! They were all absolutely gorgeous.


All different sizes


Lots of different colours and fabrics


Lots of pretty pockets and detail




They looked so pretty in the sunshine


I also received another upcycled dress from the very talented Valerie. You can see the before and after photos on her lovely blog here


I love the little crocheted flower detail on the dress


and the co-ordinating hairband. So cute


The lovely Jo from Bearpaw also sent another 2 gorgeous dresses


I love the spotty handmade bias binding and ties on this one. Lovely.


Thanks everyone. I really appreciate you all sending so many dresses. I think I have just made a good contact in terms of getting the dresses to where they are needed so will keep you updated on where they are going!

We've had a busy week-end in the sunshine. Saturday was Izzy's butterfly party for her 6th birthday. We went to a local butterfly house and then back to ours for tea. The weather was fantastic and meant all the children could go in the garden which saved the house being destroyed. I'm a bit butterflied out now after scouring the country and ebay for butterfly themed things!

Butterfly paper chains from the local pound shop!


Hanging foil butterflies from Woolworths


Butterfly plates and cups


Butterfly party bags - fabric from Fabric Rehab


Beautiful butterfly biscuits made by my lovely friend Laura


Real life butterflies!


and moths

and cocoons


Sam and a huge moth


Izzy and a tiny caterpillar


The butterfly man!


 Butterfly cupcakes with my best find - edible Hello Kitty butterfly cake toppers!! I nearly combusted with excited when I found these!


Marshmallow cake pops again made by the lovely Laura


My bodged attempt at a butterfly cake. I don't do much baking as you can tell!


More butterfly biscuits



I think Sam liked them!


 Happy Birthday Isabella!! Lots more gorgeous photos which I can't share as I haven't asked the permission of the other parents. Lots of dancing in the sunshine!



8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous display all the dresses make on your washing line. All so colourful and different. Glad the party went off okay. Looks like everyone had fun with the butterfly theme. Will send some more up cycled dresses shortly. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lot of gorgeous dresses flooding in for your....brilliant.
    The photos of Izzy's birthday party are really fab. I'm so glad you all had a special day.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post!! I love all the butterflies - Happy Birthday Isabella!! The dresses are really gorgeous - hopefully we will send our next parcel today. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea a birthday filled with butterflies, happy birthday Izzy, looks like you had loads of fun, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful day, so lucky with the weather, what a result. All that food looks so yummy, the cake looks great xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post - I love all the party food and especially those cake pops - what a lot of work for a mouthful! Wow, 20 dresses! Makes my 2 seem a bit rubbish! Love the photos of them all hanging together. And 350! woot woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Do your neighbours know what you do? Might think you have 300 children with all that 'washing' on the line. And your butterfly cake looks pretty good to me. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the butterfly themed birthday, gorgeous and all those dresses...so cute. Loving your blog and so lovely to meet you at blog camp yesterday xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!