Friday, 23 September 2011

This makes it all worthwhile!

I received some fantastic photos yesterday of the first batch of dresses which were taken to Malawi. I'm feeling pretty proud today and even a little bit tearful!













This is the update from the person who took them for me. "The trip to Malawi went very well apart from the fact that there were demonstrations against the government in the middle of our visit and we were more or less confined to the hotel for two days as the demonstrations became quite violent and at least 8 people were killed.  We managed to do most of the things we had planned including helping to finish the nursery school/church building in a village called Biwi.  On the second Sunday we had an opening ceremony and about 30 people were baptised.  As you can imagine it was a very noisy occasion. The distribution of dresses was equally noisy.  We actually did it inside the new building. Some of the dresses were held back for a nursery school in a neighbouring village and the team we were working with promised to take some photos when these were distributed"


I don't think I need to say anything else other than Well Done Everybody!

16 comments:

  1. Fab pics Louise - thats lovely news. As you know we have had other things on our minds this week!!
    We have another parcel almost ready to send to you but I guess it will wait until life gets back to normal down here. Thanks for positive vibes for Annie & co. They certainly need all they can get at the mo. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see the dresses being worn. Makes it all very worthwhile. More altered dresses on their way from me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that's great and I can see my dress. I feel all amazing - I hope that little girl does too. And you, you co-ordinating angel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh brilliant Louise, I feel all warm and tingly (and no it's not the wine!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Louise! Big happy smiles here :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos Louise! Thanks so much for letting me konw about them, it is so lovely seeing my dress on a little girl! You have done an amazing here. I have 2 more ready to send to you once I get my act together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see those - I will speak to my Malawi contact and let you know what we can do...

    ReplyDelete
  8. how wonderful to see the frocks on the girls. (the one in the frock i made looks a little grumpy but i would to if i'd go my sewing!). i have lots to sew at the mo but will make some more when i have time, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The guy who delivered them said the children get really overwhelmed when you give them things or take photos and often look very stern. He assured me this is normal and they were all delighted with the dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely, I have a little tear in my eye! It's so wonderful to see not only my own dress but all the dresses I recognise from the blog, being worn by the girls! Massive well done for co-ordinating this Louise, and well done all the seamstresses! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw look at their little faces you just want to pick them up and give them a big hug, don't they look lovely in their pretty dresses Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic!
    I have more fabric, and will make more, motivated now.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woooooooow! This is fantastic! Think I may make some more if you're still needing. If there is anything else I can do to help let me know. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!