Thursday, 22 September 2011

This and That

I had completely forgotten that I hadn't received my swap package for the Unbirthday Swap organised by the Undomesticated Scientist until it arrived the other day. What a lovely surprise! A box full of lovely goodies from Clare at Weekend Crafter. She had chosen some beautiful gifts for me. I was VERY pleased with my lovely things!!

My lovely box full of pressies and a cool card...


A pretty little wooden house and a gorgeous cupcake badge


A beautiful handmade hanging heart. Love the fabric.


The sweetest little wooden hanging apple. So pretty


A little strawberry bag charm


A very pretty little oilcloth purse which Izzy has got her eye on


Some lovely gifts to represent where Clare lives - we have a Welsh tea towel, Welsh rock, Welsh recipe book, Welsh chocolate and some Welsh postcards!



Gorgeous Cath Kidston tissues and mirror for my handbag. Perfect!


and a lovely little hanging blackboard with a little teapot and a peg for keeping things safe.


Thanks so much Clare. Really well chosen gifts! I love them all.

I had a second lovely surprise in the post when Jan from Lemonade Kitty very kindly sent me another donation towards postage for the 'Dress a Girl around the World' appeal. The donation was in memory of her sister Karen who would have celebrated her 50th birthday on Monday. I am delighted to accept this donation in Karen's memory and want to thank Jan for the very kind gesture. I will make sure that it is used to get dresses to girls who need them.

Izzy's gorgeous picture arrived from Utterley Butterflies today. Its so pretty. I love it! It has her name on one of the butterflies and will look gorgeous in her bedroom.



Her butterfly themed party is only 2 weeks away. I really need to finish those party bags!!

There is a lovely giveaway over on The Village Haberdashery blog. A lovely quilting book. Pop over and join in and have a look at the lovely website too!


Just ordered a copy of this for our next reading group. Quite excited about re reading it.



Anyone rediscovered an old classic recently?

5 comments:

  1. what a wonderful swap parcel. I'll have to get organising a christmassy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely parcel you received especially as you'd forgotten all about it, I love the apple and the bird heart, in fact I loved them all. Thanks for mentioning my sister's birthday, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall be interested to hear what you think of Wuthering Heights this time around: I've just reread Jane Eyre and was irritated by the heroine, the preachy style and the sheer length of the book! Whoever said it, and your book club choice, should be read before you were 14 to appreciate them was probably right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise xx

    So glad you liked your goodies..i really enjoyed choosing them for you xx Thanks once again love Clare xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!