Wednesday, 7 September 2011

How many dresses??

The Dress a Girl Around the World - UK appeal has now collected over 320 dresses! 321 to be exact. Its a fantastic achievement. Huge thanks to everyone. I've been away for a couple of weeks and returned home to find not only had another 52 dresses arrived but I had also been featured as a guest writer on a lovely blog called 'I Love Crafty'. Laura who writes the blog has a gorgeous shop in Bristol selling handmade lovelies which I am ashamed to say I haven't managed to visit yet despite only living about 10 miles away and a lovely website too. Thanks Laura. I will be in to visit you very soon (without my 2 very small children!)

The first 3 dresses were donated by Valery who has a lovely blog called  Its an Alien Life. Valery managed to make 3 gorgeous dresses out of one of her old dresses. They are absolutely gorgeous and all slightly different which I love



Look at the pretty detail






They also came with 3 beautiful matching hair bands.


Izzy took a bit of a shine to these and offered to model it for me whilst practicing her new recorder (just how many times am I going to have to listen to London's Burning?) We had to have a little chat about who needed the hair band most Izzy or a little girl in Africa but I finally managed to wrestle it off her persuade her to put it back with the dresses!!


and ANOTHER fantastic parcel of dresses from the sisters who I think must sew in their sleep Wipso and Twiglet. Another 49 dresses from them!! Just such an amazing achievement. Thank you both. I hope you both realise how much I appreciate your involvement. You have really motivated me to continue and push forward. So the next step is to find some more contacts to take the dresses abroad for us. This will be my focus now that the children are back at school and I have a bit more time.

I was hoping to take some more washing line shots but given that its rained solidly for the last week I had to change my plans...






So many beautiful dresses and individual little touches as always






beautiful machine embroidery.



Cute pockets



I do love frills. I really must try this.







Please join the facebook page if you haven't already. You can find it here. I just found out the The Dress a Girl charity in America have now delivered 46,717 dresses since 2009. Get sewing everybody we have a way to go!!

8 comments:

  1. They are lovely. Well done you for motivating people to sew. . .
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them. Two more will be on their way to you shortly. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you, you must be so chuffed. Need to still make mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely post Louise. We are still making but a little slower by me just lately as I have been so very busy with my sewing business...have managed 3 more today though :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely Louise - so many gorgeous colours and lovely fabrics - all donated by friends who want to be part of the action, even if they don't sew! It is a project that touches lots of folk one way or another. A little bit of kindness goes a long, long way! Thanks for all your time organising it all.x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just fantastic to see how everyone has joined in with this. Congratulations.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great! What a wonderful idea!!! I love your blog so far! I just popped over from Gem's blog! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow 321! Way over your original target, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!