Monday, 22 August 2011

Sewing faster than the speed of light

I have to say another huge thank you to Annie and Jo AKA Wipso and Twiglet in blogland who have sent ANOTHER 50 dresses to add to the 30 they have already made AND they are still making more!! There is no stopping these ladies who sew faster than the speed of light and will soon have single handedly dressed a whole continent of girls!! Amazing achievement I think you will agree. The sun finally came out so today so here are the dresses in all their glory....


Jo's are on the top and Annie's on the bottom.


I picked out a few of my favourites to show you...

This dress is made with the cutest puppy fabric with a little love heart pocket


another gorgeous pocket on this pretty purple dress


Some gorgeous fabric with retro animals on


in blue too!

Love the matching bias binding ties and top and bottom band on this one


This beautiful flower corsage is finished off with glass beads. Beautiful! Annie and Jo have made a whole range of sizes including some for older girls too which is fantastic.


a lovely appliqued heart pocket
 

appliqued flowers and a frill' on this pretty dress


more lovely appliqued flowers



I love these flowers which are finished off with buttons


This pretty dress is finished off with gorgeous ribbon detail


showing a farmyard scene


another lovely pocket


I love this fabric. So vibrant!


I love the pretty stitching detail on these two




and lots and lots of pretty dresses....




The total now stands at 237!! Thanks Annie and Jo. I am very grateful for all your support.

Other news - We now have a facebook page! 'Dress a Girl around the world - UK' Please come over and say hi. I'm also now the official UK partner for the 'Dress a Girl' charity in America and can be found on their website. There is no stopping us now. Lets show them what we can do UK bloggers!!

5 comments:

  1. How lovely. Thank you for such a lovely post...I'm all emotional now :-)
    I've also followed the link and must say it's so lovely to see who we are sending the little dresses to. What a lovely family you have.
    Hugs,
    A x
    ps only 3 more dresses and we will have reached 100 between us now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a brilliant job Louise - and I'm stunned at the amount of dresses that Wipso and Twiglet are producing. They're a great team and I reckon they're making dresses in their sleep - I'm proud to be a bloggy friend of theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making such a beautiful display of the frocks - don't they look amazing all together! I popped over to check out the website too - such a lovely photo of you and your children. We are so lucky in so many ways - making the dresses is just our way of paying back a little. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. very talented, great cause,well done all.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 237!! Amazing achievement!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!