Sunday, 7 August 2011

It just gets better and better.....

A huge thank you to two lovely sisters who call themselves Wipso and Twiglet in blogland who have completely put my sewing output to shame by making 30 dresses between them for the pillowcase dress appeal! Amazing effort. They put out an appeal for fabric on their own lovely blogs and have basically been making dresses ever since! They are not stopping at 30 either and are continuing to make beautiful dresses. You can keep up to date with their progress (which is fast!!) on the their lovely blogs A stitch in time and Twiglet. I seriously need to get off the computer and do more sewing. 

They pretty much filled my washing line on their own with their gorgeous dresses. Wipso sent 21 dresses and Twiglet 9 dresses (top right hand side)  in all different sizes. Every single dress is individual and beautiful. No mass produced dresses here! I have been so inspired by the little touches that make each dress different. 


Details like beautiful pockets


Appliqued flowers



Fancy stitching



Some are upcycled...this gorgeous dress was once a laundry bag I believe!


handmade bias binding ties with matching pockets


another laundry bag (its hard to believe I know!)


More beautiful detail



More pretty pockets and upcycled pillowcases


I love this fabric. So pretty!



I also love this frill. I am going to try this when I get a minute


Another gorgeous fabric with a pretty co-ordinating pocket


and lots more pretty dresses.....



Thank you both so much. You have put so much time and effort into making dresses. It is very much appreciated. You can see more of their talents at Sisters Crafty Creations 

187 dresses to date!

18 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! What are they being used for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gothca - just seen the side bar! Well done - brilliant effort. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a fab post Louise. The next batch will be heading your way soon too. :-) What fun we are both having making each dress and what a lot of really generous bloggers there are out there that have sent us loads of gorgeous fabrics from all over the world to make them with.
    Big hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you very much for that lovely post Louise - we have had such a great time making the frocks - I know we will keep going for a good while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog from Wipso's, love all the dresses they made - fantastic cause as well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post and what a clever mum (Wipso) I have. I think your charity idea is just fab and I know mum is enjoying every minute making all the different little dresses! What a great idea and a great cause! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The girls in malawi will look lovely, what an amazing idea.Im now following you, superb blog,
    Gael.x.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful array of sunshine on this post!

    How gorgeous to see so many super little dresses!

    Keep up the grand work A & J!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic, what a brilliant donation. Just off to check out their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you Louise - a great cause, and don't worry about your output compared to Wipso and Twiglet - really, they are by reputation and in fact, unstoppable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing donation. I recognise a couple of those pillowcases from years gone by lol. There are going to be some very happy girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a credit to two wonderful people to showcase their lovely work. It's a fantastic project!
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go Louise - you're doing a great job chick! I hopped here from Wipso's and as Julia says, Wipso and Twiglet are on a roll. Super women you all are indeed! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow they are beautiful, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing effort on the pillowcases and a beutiful blog to show them off. Inspiring women.

    ReplyDelete
  16. popped over to see them from Twiglet's ..... will try my hand at this too, when the wintery months set in.... not that I am a seamstress of any sort...but, I should be able to do one eventually and then.... from there ...who knows....
    Love all the pretty fabrics they found or had donated.... love the little pockets...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am planning to hold a sewing day in November when a group of ladies & tea makers! are getting together in a church hall. I am busy collecting free items of fabric from our Local Lions Charity Shop to 'upcycle'. Keep on sewing. Karen Hope Preston Lancs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats fab Karen. Thank you. Can't wait to hear all about it! xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!