Sunday, 14 August 2011

Feeding my fabric addiction

After a very disappointing online fabric shopping experience where I had to open a paypal dispute because  my fabric still hadn't arrived after a month and my emails were being ignored (yes I'm talking about you Prints to Polka Dots). I am very pleased to report fantastic service as usual from Fabric Rehab. This is how online fabric shopping should be. The fabric arrived the next day. Brilliant service and gorgeous fabrics. Can't wait to start sewing...







I also treated myself to some spotty fabric from IKEA.


I also posted off my goodies for the Undomesticated Scientists Unbirthday Swap. I was matched with Clare who has a lovely blog called Weekend Crafter. I know she has received her  parcel now so I can show you what I sent. The rules were...

Something handmade - I sent a fabric covered A5 notebook.


and a little purse too


Some smellies - these were from a local craft market and were just so pretty I couldn't resist. I love the packaging.


Some chocolate - this was all the way from my Centre Parcs trip. Did I ever post the photos from my week-end away? Might have to bore you with those next time.


Something which represents where you live - this was hard as I live in a small little town so I decided to sned these postcards from Weston Super Mare which is where I work. 2 lovely retro designs which I love and one showing the pier which recently burnt down!!


and anything else you think the person might like - I couldn't resist this gorgeous lavender bag from a local craft market. So pretty.


I also sent some pretty Cath Kidston buttons, a pin tin and some gorgeous ribbon


and a lovely little shabby chic bird. Can't wait to see what is in my parcel now!


The Red Arrows have just flown over my house whilst writing this post. Don't believe me?? Here is the evidence!!


Sam was so tired after attending his friends party this afternoon that he fell asleep whilst eating his beans on toast! Bless him.


10 comments:

  1. Wow your parcel you sent was lovely, I would love to reveive a parcel like that in the post. How cute does Sam look, bless him xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same experience as you did with Prints to Polkadots..I bought something they didn't have in stock. They never refunded the money, they ignored all my emails I had to force them through Paypal to refund my money. Never again!! Horrible horrible webshop!
    Your swap package looks lovely I'm sure your partner will be very pleased :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics and your swaps are really lovely. Bless little Sam...I well remember my son doing exactly the same....happy memories :-)
    A x
    ps Ive just sompleted my 50th little dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely swap parcel!
    I've just had a look at Fabric Rehab - what an amazing store- I love pretty much everything I saw! May have to do some shopping... thanks for pointing it out!
    Where else do you buy fabric online?
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fabrics - what fun you will have with all those! Thanks for the info about the other online fabric company - always useful to know!
    What a little angel Sam is - lucky you. I bet he doesn't always look so peaceful -lol! x jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool swap things, i should have paired myself with you! he he he. I have just got some of that spotty ikea fabric too! only popped in to get some lunch with the kids and ended up spending a fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Red Arrows have had a busy week they flew over my house in Norfolk this week as well.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crikey
    I've had a few orders from prints to polka dots but not had any issues then this recent order a week ago, not heard anything! Worried now as I'd ordered blumin loads this time because my hubby said he'd treat me for my birthday! Rubbish, I'm off now to raise a dispute too! Wonderful choice of fabrics of yours tho to end on a nice note!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely swap package! I adore the russian doll lavender bag - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always send such lovely parcel's,poor sam!I love that fabric buy the way,what have you got planned for that?
    Hug's Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!