Monday, 4 July 2011

You shall go to the ball

Saturday night was the fundraising charity ball that my friend Laura's husband has been involved in organising for a testicular cancer charity. We all had a great time and it was fun to dress up as I never usually wear fancy dresses. Unfortunately I had a dreadful cold all last week and so was feeling a bit subdued which was a real shame but I was just glad I was able to go as I had spent most of the week before in bed coughing!
.

My friend Laura is on the right. You might remember helping her to choose her dress! I'm the one in the middle by the way. My other friend Rachael is on the left. We are all off to Centre Parcs next week-end with 5 others for Laura's 40th Birthday. A whole week-end without children!


Another gorgeous dress arrived today. This one was all the way from Holland! Thanks to the lovely Leila who has a fab blog called Where the Orchids Grow which is well worth checking out.

The dress was made from a really pretty pale blue and brown fabric with a love heart design. Its so pretty. Its finished off with pale blue ribbon. Gorgeous!



Thanks Leila.

2 comments:

  1. you and your friends are looking great for your night out! I'm sure you're going to have a blast in centre parks, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look lovely - hope you raised a lot of money!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!