Sunday, 31 July 2011

Waitrose wouldn't make us a fire engine cake so we did it ourselves...

Its Sam's 3rd birthday next week but we decided to have his party today as lots of people are away next week-end. As Sam is obsessed by all things Fire related, I decided ages ago to order him a fire engine cake from Waitrose for his party. Job done I thought. However I completely forgot that you have to order it 7 days in advance. When I phoned to book it 6 days in advance, I was told that it was too late! The cake lady in our village couldn't help either as she was completely fully booked. It seems like you have to be much more organised and on the ball than me if you want someone else to make your birthday cake for you! So there was nothing else for it. Jon was going to have to take on the birthday cake challenge and make one himself.  And he did!


Yes those are Curly Wurly ladders! (They wilted slightly in the heat!!)


A very happy boy!




Who needs a boring old Waitrose cake anyway!

11 comments:

  1. Cute and very talented I don't think I could have made that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs Waitrose?....I shall be sending my orders to you :-) What a brilliant fire engine.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home made cakes are much better anyway! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cake I think that was so much better than a bought one, just think of all the love you put into it.
    Just off to get some Curly Wurly ladders :)
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab cake!! I am sooo impressed. I can can do small cakes but am pants at larger ones - well done x Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cake well done :) bet it tasted better than a shop bought one. Happy Birthday Sam..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade cakes are always so much better and it gives you such a sense of achievement, I think it looks great and sam clearly agress xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab cake - much much nicer than a bought one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love this! Will be pinching your ideas to make one for my little boy in a few weeks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in exactly the same situation so I can see what I'll be doing on Friday night!! Might be in touch for recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!