Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Our dresses are featured in The Craft Tonic!

Its very exciting that the pillowcase dress appeal has just been featured in the latest edition of a lovely new online magazine called The Craft Tonic.


You can have a look for yourself by clicking here. Its a great read!

More dresses arrived today taking the total to a fantastic 90!! Todays parcel was from Mary who has a great blog called Handmade by Mary Emmens. Mary also has a lovely Facebook page here.

The dresses were all gorgeous as expected. The first dress was a very pretty pink fabric with a lovely flower design which Mary made using freezer paper stencils. You can see how she did it here. Its a great idea!



Mary also designed the butterfly on dress number 2 using the same method. 



Dresses 3, 4 and 5 were all very pretty and made from vintage pillowcases in blue, cream and yellow designs.




Dresses 6 and 7 were made from a lovely grey/blue and white fabric with contrasting bias binding ties and pockets. I love these pockets and I'm going to try this design out on my next dress I think.



Dresses 8 and 9 are made from the same fabrics but the other way round with the lighter fabric as the main part of the dress. Again they have the lovely pocket detail and handmade bias binding.



Mary also very kindly sent me this gorgeous brooch. Its beautiful and I love it! Thank you Mary. I might have to have a go making one of these myself. They make great gifts.


I think I should also mention that Mary has already sent off 15 pillowcase dresses to the charity herself as well as making another 9 for me. I think that is a pretty fantastic achievement and super generous!! Huge thank you!

I also found out today that my sister in law Sue is currently being featured on the Waitrose website as she is taking part in their Love Life Challenge. 



If you click here you can see her in a video with Matthew Pinsett. Its about a brand new range of Waitrose products designed to make people cook and eat healthily at home. There are lots of recipe ideas on the website. Sue is also in the magazine and paper so look out for her if you are in Waitrose!!

9 comments:

  1. Well done you for your piece in the new issue of Craft Tonic!! Fame!! I really enjoyed the read and for such a great cause too. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool to have something in a magazine that you have been part of. Love the freezer paper stencil, great idea.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, brilliant coverage and the magazine looks a good read too! I love Nikki McWilliams who was also featured :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats great, well done!

    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this idea. I read about it in the Craft Tonic magazine, but also follow your blog and have just seen this post.
    I e-mailed The Craft Tonic to say I would love to be involved.
    So Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I'm so proud of you! I've been trying to leave a comment for days now but Blogger has been playing up! Anyway I just wanted to say that I read about your dresses at Little Blue Mouse and I'm going to try to get as many as I can of my clients (I have a hairdressing salon )to join in with the creativity! Thank you so much for your inspiration. Love, Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhooi,,
    It's very pretty and nice,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi not received an e-mail yet, so please can you let me have the details re:dresses. Thanks Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great feature and fab to see all the lovely dresses that have come in. Are you still accepting dresses? I might find some time to do a couple more (even if it is school holidays).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!