Sunday, 17 July 2011

and another twelve!

Three lovely parcels arrived at the end of last week but its been so manic here I've only just managed to get photos taken and up on the blog. Apologies to lovely dress makers, I just don't know where the times goes.

The first lovely parcel was from Marie who has a lovely blog called A Sewing Odyssey. Marie sent three gorgeous dresses. The first was this lovely vibrant orange and pink dress with a pink spotty band  at the bottom.


The second dress was made from very pretty blue fabric with pink flowers and pink spotty ties.


and the third this very sweet little floral pattern with a co-ordinating blue band and bias binding.


Naomi from Woollylakes sent two gorgeous dresses. She has a lovely blog which you can find here. I just love this fabric. So pretty and vibrant. The first dress has red straps


and the second purple. Absolutely lovely.

and the third gorgeous parcel came from @Hula_Mummy who I met recently on twitter. She also has a lovely blog called Lakes and Pebbles. The parcel contained seven beautiful dresses!

Two dresses made from this gorgeous fabric which is so pretty with lots of little flowers all over it. They have co-ordinating blue ties.



The other five dresses were made from pillowcases which had been hand dyed 'Sunflower Yellow' and Bahama Blue'. Such a great idea for transforming white pillowcases.

The dresses also all had the most gorgeous little felt flowers on them. I love the way that all the dresses are so different. I have been so inspired by peoples ideas. The yellow dresses have a flower at the top and bottom.


Look how pretty they look......



Two of the blue dresses had a row of flowers along the bottom which I love.



and the last blue dress has a flower at the the top and bottom.


It looks great next to the pretty handmade bias binding


Huge thank you to everyone! Thats 127 dresses.

I finally got round to some sewing too. It was Izzy and Sam's Great Grandma's 93rd birthday at the week-end so I made 2 lavender hearts for the children to give her.


I think this is a Tanya Whelan fabric?


and a pretty love heart fabric

They took no time at all to make so I've decided to make some for Izzy's teacher and the teaching assistants at her school who are all so lovely. I'm also going to make something for Izzy's 'buddy' Olivia.  In Izzy's school they give each reception child a 'buddy' from year 6 to help them settle in. It has worked so well and the buddies have been amazing at taking on the responsibility and helping the reception children settle in. They deserve a big thank you. I have so many things I want to make. I just need to find some time to sew!

I also want to mention very quicky a great new initiative that Mencap have started called Make With Me.


Its about using making and baking as a way of raising awareness and fundraising for the brilliant work that Mencap do to support people with learning disabilities. I will blog about this more next week but if you have the time do pop over for a look. There is a great recipe card telling you how to make cake pops!


8 comments:

  1. How exciting to see your pile growing! You are doing a great job coordinating the collection. I will be sewing too for your pile when I get home from my hols at the end of Aug. Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. . . those dress numbers are just climbing and climbing. I can't sew for toffee and I don't have a machine but i'm quite tempted to cut up a pillowcase and see where it gets me. . .
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my dresses, it's so nice to see how many you're getting in and how beautiful they all are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the dresses look beautiful, hopefully they'll go on to make some little girls very happy! Thanks for organising this xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing number of dresses made! Such a great cause and beautiful dresses to sent to the girls. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on collecting so many dresses. I love seeing all the variations.

    Your lavender hearts look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Louise,
    Just thought you'd like to know we have been busy making dresses for you. I've blogged a few of them but hope to make a few more yet :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twiglet here (Wipso's sister) - what do you think about making a few slightly larger dresses? - We have been given some sheeting so can cut them out in a range of sizes. Any ideas? x Jo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!