Saturday, 11 June 2011

We've hit the fantastic fifty!!!!

We have made it to 50 dresses!! A huge thanks to everyone who has sent dresses, promised dresses and generally supported the idea. Its a fantastic achievement and whats even better is that I think we can easily make it to 100 as there are lots more dresses promised.


A big thank you to Kirby who has a lovely blog called Kirby Jane Crafty for sending me the 4 dresses that took our total to the fantastic fifty!!

Kirby's dresses were all made from vintage pillowcases with some lovely finishing touches. The first was a blue dress with a gorgeous lilac lace bow.


Kirby also sent 2 vibrant yellow dresses. The first with some lovely ruffles on the front and the second with some little rosettes and poms poms. So sweet.




and last but not least a lovely brown dress finished off with a little cupcake button.



Kirby is fairly new to blogging so please pop over to her blog and say hi!

I have two options for all the dresses. The first is sending them to the charity in America to take to the countries where they are needed. I have been contacted by someone who may be able to help with getting them to America for me which would be fantastic and we are looking into this at the moment. The charity have also said that if I had links with any charities who could use the dresses we could send them direct on their behalf. A friend of mine knows someone who has links with a school and orphanage in Malawi who is very interested and may be able to physically take some of the dresses  when he visits in July. This would be fantastic as we would have direct contact with the girls receiving the dresses and know exactly where they are going. I will keep you all informed as we will hopefully have enough dresses to do both options!

15 comments:

  1. Don't they look fabulous! I would have joined but to be honest my sewing skills are not very good! Respect goes out to all those who stepped up to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe my 4 dresses made it to 50! Brilliant! Thank you so much for the opportunity to do this, I loved making them. Both options for the dresses sound fab. Well Done! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Well done! They look so pretty all together - looking forward to seeing the next 50 :)
    Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I write for an online craft magazine I would love to write a feature about you and this fantastic cause. If you would be interested could you please contact Emma at info@thecrafttonic.com. I'd love to hear from you.

    You can find the magazine at www.thecrafttonic.com.

    What an amazing and wonderful thing you have done x

    p.s. sorry to contact you this way but couldn't find an email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased this has gone well and am very proud to have been a part of it.Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!! 2 more coming from me next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Well done for organising! Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cool do they all look! My few are finished and i'll get them off to you in the next day or so. (if you want a sneeky peak they be on my blog). x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of them all hanging up! What an achievement! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow 50 well done everyone, really good cause. thank you to Louise for organising it. It's been great watching the collection grow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Louise, made the dresses and just posted about them on my blog - let's hope that gets you a few more! Dresses in the post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, they all looks so wonderful together!
    I'd love to make a dress too, where do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read about this on Jo from Bearpaw's blog, I would love to make a couple of these dresses for you. I've made one for my daughter last summer and she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely idea, i would love to make some dresses for you, I live in ireland so would that be ok
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I've just seen this on Bearpaw's blog and would love to join in.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!