Thursday, 23 June 2011

Paying it forward

Some more lovely dresses arrived today. The first parcel was from Georgia who has a lovely blog called Little Blue Mouse which I have just discovered.

Georgia made two dresses. The first for a younger girl in this really pretty flower fabric.


I love the green handmade bias binding which co-ordinates really well with the fabric.


Georgia also made a larger dress for an older girl which is great as the majority of dresses (including my own) have been for younger children. Its  fantastic to be able to send a variety of sizes. This one is a very pretty blue floral fabric.


This also has handmade bias binding ties. (You would never guess that this was once a duvet cover!) Its so pretty.


Parcel number two was from Steph who has a lovely website called Mad Mummy Designs. Another beautiful dress. This time in a fresh green colour with gorgeous pink polka dot ties.


I love having the tie as a big bow on one side. Lovely.

 
and check out the gorgeous ruffle at the bottom. (More ideas to borrow!)


Steph was also very kind as she sent me some fabric I had once admired on one of my older posts. I've decided to make myself a skirt out of it as someone has already made a pillowcase dress from the same fabric. I'd like to pay the kindness forward though so I'll make another pillowcase dress from a different fabric as a kind of thank you to Steph.


Steph also very kindly sent me this beautiful card. A cut out sewing machine which is personalised with Sew Scrumptious. It is absolutely gorgeous. I've just taken a photo which is now my new facebook picture. You can see it here. Thank you Georgia and Steph. What lovely parcels to receive!


Talking of paying it forward I have been so lucky with all the kindness shown by fellow bloggers recently that I thought I should do something for someone else too. I stumbled upon a blog called Diary of a Tinyholder. Sian is asking people to make and send bunting triangles for her sisters wedding which she will turn into wedding bunting so I thought I would send a few. They have to be white or pastel colours. I did the quick easy cheats version which was to only hem the top and use pinking shears around the other 2 edges. What do you think?


Can't wait to see the finished bunting.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely dresses! The card is gorgeous too, what a nice idea, I'm so in envy of people who can papercut like that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dresses. The papercutting is amazing. I shall have to point my scissor happy 6 year old into papercutting artwork xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got the dresses ok.

    What a great idea for the wedding bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hun x its clare from weekend crafter..ive just seen we are unbirthday partners..how exciting..lol
    If you can email me at c.wilkinson102@btinternet.com we can then exchange addresses!
    Thanks speak soon hugs clare xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!