Monday, 9 May 2011

Which dress should she wear? You decide!

A group of us are going to a charity ball in July in aid of a testicular cancer charity. You may remember that my friend Laura's husband was treated for the disease last year and he is now on the fundraising committee. Laura dropped in at the week-end as she had been shopping for dresses (unlike me who will panic buy the week before!). She had bought 2 dresses and couldn't decide which one she liked the best. After much deliberation she still couldn't choose so we decided the only thing to do was to let my lovely blog followers decide!! So should she wear this floaty little number...


or crank it up a gear and go for this posh little frock



I am undecided. At first I preferred the first one as I am quite low key myself and the second one is quite in your face! I did change my mind though after a while and Laura has the confidence to pull it off!! (She did ask me to let you know that she will clearly have brushed her hair and put some make up on for the ball itself!!) So what do you think? Dress one or two??

We had another drinking reading group meeting at the week-end. We were discussing Room by Emma Donoghue.

I loved it. Its one of the best books I've read for a long time. Its quite disturbing but very thought provoking. Well worth a read. Here are my lovely ladies at midnight after a lot of discussion and wine drinking!


My 10k race is on Sunday. I am terrified. My training has been a bit haphazard but even if I have to crawl to the end I will finish. If anyone wants to sponsor me even if it only a pound that would be great. The money is going to a charity which supports abandoned and disabled children in Bulgaria who are forced to live in appalling institutions.

http://www.justgiving.com/louise-horler

Wish me luck!!

20 comments:

  1. Dress 1 for me - it's lovely and flowy - very feminine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dress 1 looks stunning!

    Just done a small Just Giving donation! Good Luck, it is for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another vote for dress no 1 from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Ooh yes I'd go for dress 1 too. Very lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both pretty but I think I would wear 2 under the heading of "How often can you wear something that awesome?" Events like that just don't come around enough.

    And I liked "Room" very much, too! I listened to the audio and found it very engaging and interesting. But what really struck me was how long I kept thinking about it after it was finished. I still think about it sometimes going about my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dress 1- it makes her look so slim and graceful.
    I read Room too - it's certainly a book that stays with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Dress 1 but My vote is for dress no.2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dress one for me too, the other is a bit busy for my liking. I own a dress very similar to the fist one in burgundy and its my "if all else fails" dress!


    Good luck with your 10K, sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dress 1 for me. It really suits her but she looks stunning in both :-)
    Good luck with the 10k
    My son is racing in the Manchester 10 k Sunday too :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dress 1 for me too. Hope they raise loads of money. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think she looks amazing in dress 2! With a pair of black heals and her hair up - lovely!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both dresses are fabulous! I think dress 1 if it's a daytime/afternoon thing, but I suspect it's an evening do so definitely no2!! I liked Room too, your book group looks lovely, GOOD LUCK with the race, will make a donation now for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dress 2 is super sophisticated and will look amazing with heels and an updo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a dress No2 fan, with heels and posh hair I think it will look great.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dress no.2 for me, very glam, not very often you could get away with waring a dress as gorgeous as that xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2!!!! I love the frills, and every woman should wear a wow dress at some point in their lives :0) Love 1 too, but 2 is my favourite. Just to let you know too little dress all done :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. dress 2 is amazing, it flatters her body so beautifully (not that she couldn't pull off anything with her amazing figure)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. number 2 looks amazing! flatters her beautifully

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!