Saturday, 7 May 2011

Textile Art Workshop

Its the North Somerset Arts Trail this week and there was an event at a local school today which Izzy and I went along to. I can never resist a craft market and a piece of cake! They had some great free workshops running so Izzy and I went along to the textile art one. It was fab! It was run by a lady called Sally who was encouraging the children (and adults) to get creative with felt and fabric and buttons and sequins to make a wildlife picture of flowers and bugs. She was so enthusiastic and we didn't need asking twice to get stuck in. Look at how beautiful it looked. Each piece was made by someone different. The younger children were gluing things together while the older ones were practicing their sewing skills.


Izzy made this yellow butterfly


and we also decided on a snail



 We had so much fun. It was a great event.

6 comments:

  1. Well done Izzy, ehat a clever girl you are! It is lovely to see childrens work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you had a great time. We never having anything crafty happening in this area, such a shame as I am sure all people young and old would enjoy something like that. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day, I used to love those kind of craft days when I was small, so much fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea. I love the butterfly.
    Gillxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab! Love the snail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. a still life of torn corrugated cardboard, leaves and kale and scribbled lines on brown kraft paper. info

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!