Thursday, 5 May 2011

Numbers 7, 8 and 9 and finally I start sewing!

More lovely parcels today with more lovely pillowcase dresses for charity. This takes us up to 9 dresses and I have finally started mine so thats nearly 10!

First we have a lovely blue dress from Mary who has a gorgeous folksy shop called Linen Tree. A really pretty blue dress with green trim.

 A beautiful appliqued heart
and check out this lovely  detail on the bias binding. Little coordinating blue hearts. Such a great idea. Thanks Mary.
A big thanks too to Denise from BeckyDe Handmade who sent me two very pretty dresses! I love the coordinating ties and band at the bottom of the first dress.

The second dress also shows another great way of using different fabrics. I love the pockets.Another great idea.


Thanks Denise. Sam has just started pre school so today was my first morning without any children for ages. I thought I had better put my money where my mouth is and so I finally started sewing my own dress! Its not quite finished yet but I'll give you a sneaky peek!


More photos tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Louise! Am sure you'll have fun making up this sweet dress - hope you enjoyed your child free hours - Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lovely! I finaly started sewing, got my first one finished last night and can't stop admiring it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad they arrived safe. I did enjoy making them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric you are using.
    Great going with your collecting. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!