Friday, 27 May 2011

Every girl deserves a pretty dress (even Princess Jasmine!)

There has been a lot of talk of pillowcase dresses in my house recently. So much so that Izzy decided that Princess Jasmine should have one too. So here is the finished slightly bodged Jasmine sized pillowcase dress (sewing for Barbie sized dolls is way too fiddly for me!).

On to the bigger dresses...

Another 2 dresses today from the lovely Katie at Kotori Kits. Katie has already sent 3 dresses so has been incredibly generous. They are both gorgeous. I love the stripey fabric which really reminds me of the seaside for some reason. Really fresh and summery.


I love the little applique hearts which go all the way around the bottom.


And this little red stripey dress is so pretty with its co-ordinating band at the bottom and red ties.



Thanks Katie. I really appreciate your support. Katies website sells fab sewing kits including this very cute little dinosaur kit suitable for even novice sewers. I have a 2 year old that would LOVE that costume!


and I finally got round to making my second dress too! This fabric was from a pair of brand new ASPACE curtains I found in a charity shop a while ago. Sadly they didn't fit Izzy's room so I used the fabric for other things.


and I stole borrowed the bead idea for the ties. Its such a great idea.


My friends daughter Jessica received her birthday present today which she decided to try on straight away. A mini copy of a dress sent to me for the charity by Leanne at Leanne Woods Designs. Thanks Leanne. They both loved it and can't wait for some warm weather to wear it outside!


and finally did I mention that I was going to see Take That next week???? My tickets arrived today. Woo hoo!! I am sooooo excited.....

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, take that, cool. The dino kit is v cool too, made one for my nephew and a bee one for my tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww she's absolutely adorable, I'm so glad she liked her birthday present. I'll keep my fingers crossed we get some more weather like last month for her.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha fabulous Princess Jasmine dress, but I can imagine it would be a fiddle! Argh, seems like everyone I know is going to see Take That - not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I might manage to sew a Barbie dress more my kind of size to sew.
    You seem to be getting a good collection together they all look lovely, enjoy the concert.
    cate x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!