Sunday, 24 April 2011

Ask and ye shall receive.....pillowcase dresses!

I just LOVE blogging! A couple of weeks ago I posted about the 'dress a girl around the world' charity campaign which aims to ensure that every little girl in the world owns at least one pretty dress. I asked some of my fellow bloggers to join me in making some dresses to send to  the charity and the first two arrived yesterday. It really made my day receiving these two gorgeous parcels from two very kind and talented bloggers. It really restores your faith in human nature. So we have.....

A beautiful cupcake dress sent from Kerry which is absolutely gorgeous. Its beautifully made and has the honour of being the first pillowcase dress to be received, opened and admired!

 Lovely cupcake fabric with purple trimming


Kerry has a lovely blog called Kerrypuddy which is well worth checking out. Thanks so much Kerry. I love it!

My second lovely parcel also came from a Kerry!

Another gorgeous dress, this time covered in little multi coloured hearts with a pink border and loveheart ribbon ties.


Kerry runs the lovely Strawberry Annies website which sells fantastic things for children. Beautiful tutus, hair accessories, aprons etc. Kerry also has a lovely  blog here. I was lucky enough to meet Kerry when she had a stall at the craft market I organised at the Bristol Kite Festival last year. I ended up swapping one of my baking bags for one of her pillowcase dresses for Izzy and funnily enough Izzy was wearing it today when we opened the parcel.


Thanks Kerry. Another gorgeous dress ready to post.

Its not too late to join us! I would love to be able to send  a huge pile of dresses to the charity so if you can help, please email me or leave a comment with your email address and I will get back to you. There is a fab tutorial here which Little Big Studio has very kindly agreed I can share. There are two versions of the dress. A fabric tie casing and an elastic casing.

The dresses I received were both made using different methods and it was great to be able to see the different versions. I'm slightly torn over which version to make though. Maybe I'll just have to try both! Cut off date for the dresses is the end of May so there is still plenty of time. Please feel free to blog/facebook/tweet about the appeal.

Happy Easter!




9 comments:

  1. Just to let you know I posted mine on Saturday. Glad it's going well.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're lovely! Looking at other people's dresses is so inspirational- I'm making a start on mine today and hoping to be finished by next weekend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Would love to join if I am not too late, could you email me details and does it have to be a dress similar to the ones posted?
    Beverley
    holland8bw@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it arrived safely - can't wait to see more! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea - count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got rather enthusiastic after finding out about this at lunchtime, so I've made 2 dresses this afternoon and written a post about it on my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dusting down my sewing machine this weekend to make one ... maybe more?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary,
    Thats fantastic! Thanks so much. Can you email me and I will send you my address. Not sure how to contact you otherwise. I started my dress today! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!