Friday, 21 January 2011

Toy Stories

Izzy and I have discovered a fab new game on the IKEA facebook page. Its called Toy Stories and your child can basically write their own story book which they can save to read later or print off.

Your child chooses the story and which character they want to be and they then make up the story after looking at all the pictures.





 Izzy has absolutely loved doing this on the laptop. She loves using her imagination and making up stories and she particularly loved the fact that we could save them and read them back. She also really enjoyed trying to type the words herself as I spelt them out to her. Its a great game to play and is absolutely free to use. The only problem we have is that there are only 3 different stories available at the moment and we have done all of them several times! New stories please IKEA!!

Talking of toy stories Izzy bought Grandma and Grandad Snuggles home from school today. Who I hear you ask? They are 2 teddy bears given out each Friday to a child who has been particularly helpful all week. Grandma and Grandpa Snuggles have a diary which you have to fill with tales and photos of their exciting week-end with your child!! I have to admit to being ever so slightly competitive about these types of things and clearly each diary entry has got bigger and better than the last! So I have spent the evening making new outfits for the pair (mad I know!) but you'll just have to wait to see what they are..........

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love new play ideas! I think my Daughter is the same age as yours - I will def be giving this a go with her. She loves story telling and this is a good way to play together.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!