Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Heres one I made earlier

These are the things I made for the Christmas Decoration Swap. I was matched with Beatrice of Frogs and Sprogs. Beatrice has had quite a year giving birth to baby Joshua at only 27 weeks while on holiday in Spain where they are still living now!

I decided that Joshua should have his very own decoration for his first Christmas so made him a little Christmas stocking for the tree with his initial on. I hope he likes it...


He also has a big brother so it was only fair that I made him one too. His is filled with little chocolates and I finally got to use some little bells that I had been hoarding for ages!


I had seen some fabric Christmas wreaths on a couple of blogs and really wanted to give it a try so here is my attempt. I'm not sure whether it worked or not? What do you think? It was lots of fun to make and really easy. I used an embroidery hoop as the base for it and simply tied on lots of fabric strips.

It was finished off with some ribbon and little bells.


I also made a little box of chocolates to hang on the tree with some cute Christmas card. Its filled with mini  chocolate snowmen. This is also very easy to make and you can find the pattern here.




and finally some lovely festive chocolates.



Happy Christmas Beatrice. I hope 2011 is a bit less stressful for you all!

10 comments:

  1. What lovely things you sent. So thoughtful. Love those little stockings and the wreath is a real success. I think I might have to pinch the choc box idea, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas crafts! I love the little wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all gorgeous, and so thoughtful. Just put my swaps on my blog (had forgotten to do it until I read your post!) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have sent some lovely things. I am sure that they will all be thrilled!
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you thank you thank you xxxx The chocolate never made it onto the tree and the wreath is gorgeous, a really lovely idea. Hope my parcel arrives soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the decorations for the swap are lovely. Love the wreath too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Wreath is BRILLIANT - a total success! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!