Sunday, 21 November 2010

No black eyes

Thanks for your kind comments re Sam's little accident. Luckily he seems fine and although his nose is still a bit bruised and swollen, he didn't get a black eye as I thought he might.

I've attended a few local craft markets recently and picked up some little things for stocking fillers. I absolutely love this keyring (a treat for myself!). The stall was full of beautiful things. Unfortunately the lady who made them wasn't there so I couldn't chat to her and she doesn't yet have a website which is a shame as I would love to feature more of her work. It was absolutely gorgeous and made from recycled materials. I really want to have a go at more freehand embroidery and this little key ring has really inspired me.



I also bought these tiny little boxes. They are all hand drawn with ink and then hand painted  - the colored bits appear to be finished with some kind of varnish as it is slightly shiny and raised in texture. I love the detail on the boxes with little drawings inside as well. Would you believe that some of these were only 50p! There were some bugs for Sam and a friends little boy...



Izzy choose these little flower boxes as a present for her grandma. They all slot inside each other


This butterfly one is for Izzy. Apologies for the dreadful photo


and not handmade but cute nontheless


3 comments:

  1. Glad that Sam is recovering OK. Love the purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are they? Love them, Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!