Thursday, 11 November 2010

The boys are in charge!

Tomorrow night 6 of us are leaving the men in charge of the children and going off for a week-end in New Quay, Wales. 2 whole nights with no children!!



Most of us met through being on the local pre-school committee and we have since formed a really great friendship. Being in their company is so easy and such fun despite the fact that we seem to spend most of our time sorting out squabbles between our older children (a feisty bunch of 5 year old girls now at school together). Its been funny seeing how we have all dealt with the upcoming week-end away. I'm a last minute chuck things in a bag and worry about food when we get there kind of girl. Another in the group (you know who you are!!) has been making lists for weeks now and has us all organised with a food shopping trip planned for tomorrow morning and an itinerary for the week-end. The great thing is that we can all laugh about it as we know our roles and play up to them. I think she is hilarious for being so anal organised and the thought of my laid back 'lets just go to the Happy Shopper when we get there' approach brings her out in hives. I've decided that I am definately a follower whereas she is a leader. I'm happy to do what I'm told or hand money over but I'm not that bothered about the organising bit. I will, however, be very pleased when we get there late tomorrow night and there is a pre cooked meal (chicken enchiladas!), some chilled wine and a whole selection of drinks and snacks with us (yes she is that organised!). So what are you? A leader or a follower?

You may have noticed that I have a super dooper new blog header. The lovely Bonnita designed it for me. I love it. It was very reasonably priced and she also designed me a new folksy shop banner and a new avatar. She was very patient with my vague ideas which changed every five minutes so I can definitely recommend her. Check out her folksy shop here

4 comments:

  1. Love the new banner. Have a fabulous time. I can't wait for hubby to get home so I can have a night off. He been gone 2 weeks 2 more to go. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 nights kids free! Bliss. I do hope you have a wonderful time, I am sure you deserve it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look, very fresh and funky. Have a fun week-end away x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!