Friday, 29 October 2010

Celebrity stalking and anyone for a swap?

We're back from our holiday! It was great apart from Sam taking a dislike to both the swimming pool and the sea saying 'I want to go home' whenever we put him in either (unfortunately there are not a lot of other recreational activities available in a hotel famed mainly for its swimming pools and nearby beach!!!) Oh dear. My faith in holidays has generally been restored though although I have to say that holidays with two under fives are not particularly relaxing. Anyway back to reality...

Those of you who read my blog will know that I am quite partial to a bit of celebrity stalking autograph hunting when the mood takes me (usually as a diversion to doing something useful or important with my time). There was my Phillip Schofield obsession and my quest for an Ant and Dec autograph (both for my mum's birthday I hasten to add). This time I was after a present for Jon's 40th. I wanted something a bit different and funny to give him. The poor man has to sit through Strictly Come Dancing each week and I often ask him which of the dancers he thinks is pretty. Its a great game. You should try it. You say 'do you think shes pretty?' to each one. They have to generally say 'yes' and then you say 'is she prettier than me? Sit back and watch them squirm!! Anyway Jon has always said that Flavia is his favourite and look at what arrived in the post today. What a result. Thanks Flavia (clearly much prettier AND younger than me!)


Talking of celebrity crushes. I haven't had one for a while. Must do something about that....

Anyway I love getting exciting things in the post so I was thinking maybe its time for another swap? How about a Christmas Decoration swap? You have to send one handmade Christmas decoration to your swap partner along with a Christmas Card and a chocolate item. Nice and quick and easy.



What do people think? Please leave a comment (along with your email address if you can't be contacted through your blog) and also your real name if you want to join in. Swap closes 7 November and items would need to be posted by 1 December.

Whos in??

20 comments:

  1. I'd love to join a Christmas decoration swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me giggle. I was watching Strictly last weekend and though A) how Pretty Flavia is, and B) I'd quite like her bobbed hair x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise, Count me in for the swap! You have my details I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holidays with any number of children under 5 is NEVER relaxing! Still, glad you had a nice time.
    I would love to join in on a bit of christmas swap fun.
    xK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I would like to join in for the christmas decoration swappage action. :-) Laylaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I love your blog, found you from folksy.
    I love swapping, snail mail is so nice, so count me in.
    I'm funkycinderella at hotmail dot co dot uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to join in too, you can email me through my blog or through my folksy shop :-)

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to join in :) Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello - yes count me in for your decoration swop - just making some at the mo. Your holiday made me laugh - we had the same with our little one this week at the beach - screamed the place down everytime he saw it! Remember they will grow out of it...... Also make yourself feel better on the Flavia front - she went to the same school as my sister-in-law so she's not that exotic really! Cath xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a Celebrity Crush on Steve Backshall (Childrens Teevee).

    Will join in with the Swappage too!

    Kisses
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Louise, I'd love to join your xmas decoration swap. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm up for joining in the swap.....
    Sweetpyroangel from Folksy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Louise

    Count me in for a swap. PM me via Folksy

    Hugs
    HJ
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I join in the swap please , apryl, bluedaisyglass folksy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Count me in! Love this idea. Erin Niumata: jollyoldengland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good idea to get my crafty bum back into action so count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  18. mmm think I can manage this one .... count me in please x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to take part in this :) please count me in

    ReplyDelete
  20. Samispink@hotmail.com would love to be a part in this x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!