Monday, 27 September 2010

Spreading the love

Remember my Swap Shop post?



Well I ended up swapping fabric with Jane who received my unloved Erin McMorris (Weekends Lilyrose Grey) fabric and in return I received this gorgeous Tufted Tweets (Avian Therapy in Grass) fabric.



Now Jane is obviously much more motivated than me because she has already made this fabulous 1950's inspired apron with her fabric. I love it. Jane has just started a new blog too so it would be great if you could go and have a look. Shes a fellow fabric addict and I've already admired the gorgeous blouse she recently made. Check it out at Handmade Jane





I love reading sewing blogs. Its really inspiring seeing what other people are making. Talking of inspiration while I was pondering what to make with my gorgeous new fabric I came across this on Kitschy Coo's blog


Yes - thats my fabric!!! Made into the most gorgeous tunic. I would NEVER have thought of using it for children's clothes but it looks fantastic. Thats what I love about blogging and sewing blogs - you can get some fantastic new ideas. If you don't follow Kitschy Coo's blog already you should. She is a sewing genius and very very funny.

Watch out for a giveaway on my blog later this week. I've got 3 copies of this fabulous new book to giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Hi Louise
    That apron looks great made up in your fabric, I am going to take a peek at jane's blog now. I love the fabric you have too and will be very interested to see what you make with it. the little tunic by Kitchy Coo is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou, I'm soo excited by the TT tunic Kitchy Coo did! I'm testing the pattern out in a bigger size for her, so I can make my girlie one....how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!