Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Production line sewing

I have been doing more sewing. There is nothing like a deadline to get me motivated. Last night was finishing off my baking bags. These will have a mini whisk, mini rolling pin, mini wooden spoon, cookie cutters, cupcake cases and 2 little recipe cards in. I love the cupcake fabric. Its one of my favourites I think.




Boys can bake too!



Also made a few more hair clip tidies. Isabella uses the one I made her all the time so hoping people will like them at the Kite Festival Market. What do people think? Would you buy one and how much would you pay for one? I hate the whole pricing thing.


The clips go on the ribbon

and hair bands/bobbles are threaded through onto the bottom bit which has velcro on the back.



I tried a few different designs




Better get back to the sewing..............

7 comments:

  1. I love all of them, very clever ideas, you are lucky I am a papercrafter and not a sewer!! Might be tempted to pinch the idea:)

    As for price, when I am making cards or paper craft gifts, firstly I start with how much it cost me to make, then I ask myself, what would I pay?

    We cant see the sizes, so its difficult to hazard a guess.

    I have also found, rather than doing say £2.00, I do £1.95 or £1.50, I do £1.45.

    On my more expensive things it really does work, because I reduced some things after not selling for a while, and they sold!!

    So play with pricing - but - remember, you can always come down, but you cant go up!!

    Hope this helps a little:)
    love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love these. If I had a little girl to buy for, I'd definately buy the baking bag and the hair clip ribbons. They are so cute.

    MrsShilts from www.mrsshilts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. 好的開始並不代表會成功,壞的開始並不代表是失敗..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found you as I was toying with the idea of starting a blog and googling name ideas - yours was my top name so you must be a truly fab person who has great taste! I'm looking forward to reading your blog. If you add a few hairclips you could sell them for more. Really hard but with a few clips easily a fiver. Personalise them for even more!!

    So hard because all the time and effort to make beautiful things so not appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thank you for your submission! We featured your darling bags on our blog today.

    Come check it out!

    http://cutecupcakesallthetime.blogspot.com/2010/09/dont-eat-me-saturday_18.html

    We'd love to work with you on a giveaway in the future if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!