Wednesday, 30 June 2010

The Incurable Optimist

Last year I did a craft market with my friend Vicky and a friend of hers Kathy. Kathy made the most gorgeous textiles and we chatted about our mutual obsession with fabric. She bought one of my baking bags and I have one of her gorgeous little fabric boats hanging in Sam's room. I was really sad to hear some time later from my friend that her husband had been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. Today I stumbled across a blog that her husband has started called Patrick the incurable optimist. Patrick has set himself the challenge of painting 100 portraits of people that have inspired him before he loses his battle with Motor Neurone Disease. He was mentioned today on ITV's Loose Women and you can find out more about his story by watching his video.



Truly inspirational....

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you have such a goal in mind things change. I hope that it will go well for him.
    I've been busy around here so not much blog reading or posting. I made myself sit down this morning to do about 15 minutes worth of reading. Now I have to get busy!
    Have a great week!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not stop crying now, the boys Godmumd dad died on MN - terrible, terrible thing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...