Sunday, 20 June 2010

Crafts 2 fly 4

Its official - 'crafts 2 fly 4' is the official name of the craft market at the Kite Festival this year (Haptree I think this was your suggestion so please let me know your address and I'll send you a little something!). We are now open for bookings from potential stall holders so if you know anyone who might like a stall please get them to email me so I can send them details. We are really excited and hope that the craft market will become a regular event. I will be having a stall too so if anyone fancies coming along to say hi then I look forward to meeting you. Its a really lovely family friendly event (with beer tent!) and this year as well as the usual free kite making workshops we hope to be doing some craft workshops for children too...


Last year I was really impressed by this amazing inflatable coral reef which was designed and sewn by a lady called Anne Harris who makes giant inflatables for a living. You could walk through it and it was absolutely amazing inside full of detail. Its used to educate children about the environment and also to raise money for a childrens charity set up by Anne. I'm hoping it will be back again this year. Not sure how yo get that lot under your sewing machine foot!


Had a lovely day today at the local Donkey Derby. Izzy got to ride a donkey and we ate lots of ice cream in the sunshine. Doesn't get much better than that!

4 comments:

  1. Tis a bit far for me to travel!! I m doing my first stall at bro's Gala so I need tips on what sells

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coral reef is amazing! Love the kite too! Your little ones definitely look happy with ice cream which is what I wish I had here as it is so hot! That would put a smile on my face too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I can't make it, it looks like a great event. Will you be at the balloon fiesta in Bristol in August?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI

    Just found your blog, and I love it. Can you send me details about kite festival as might be interested in having a stall. kerryanne@talktalk.net
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from you! If you ask a question I will reply underneath your comment as soon as I can so please come back and check. Please feel free to 'pin' any of the projects I have made. I love Pinterest!!